Other Games 10-18

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals are 15 years away from winning a game against McVay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baker is a fraud.

Teddy B got exposed

Lock is a fraud

Lot of teams will need to take a hard look in the mirror

Baker is clearly hurt but did not look good. didn't see Teddy's game.

Lock I don't know i get why they picked him. good athlete, strong arm but he has a long release and so far at least he's neither accurate or shows much feel. For whatever reason he seems to only have rapport with one WR, Patrick, he's just not on the same page with others on that team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baker is clearly hurt but did not look good. didn't see Teddy's game.

Lock I don't know i get why they picked him. good athlete, strong arm but he has a long release and so far at least he's neither accurate or shows much feel. For whatever reason he seems to only have rapport with one WR, Patrick, he's just not on the same page with others on that team.

I think a bit harsh on Lock. He's started what? 7-8 games spanning last year and this and it was his 1st game back. He had no Fant or Sutton, two guys he does have rapport and he's only played about 5 minutes with Jeudy. Too early yet. He looks better than Josh Allen in his first 8 games.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a bit harsh on Lock. He's started what? 7-8 games spanning last year and this and it was his 1st game back. He had no Fant or Sutton, two guys he does have rapport and he's only played about 5 minutes with Jeudy. Too early yet. He looks better than Josh Allen in his first 8 games.

8 starts. My biggest concern is he was better late last year than he is so far this year. Admittedly coming off an injury so maybe he was rusty. I was watching some of it because I had the Patriots defense. I had Sutton on my team early until he got hurt he's good but early in the year he only played 1 game had a big catch in that game but Lock missed him wide open twice before he got knocked out the big pass was from Driskel who came in. Jeudy and he have not been on the same page. Jeudy had a couple of drops the one game they played together early. I watched yesterday a bit of his game the announcer was talking about what we talk about here with Murray, that Lock won't throw the ball unless the WR is wide open and for a guy like Jeudy who runs such great routes that is harming him because if the ball is thrown when he's in his cut, he's going to be open and get the ball. If you wait until he's clearly open, the throw is often late.

Fant is my primary fantasy TE he's actually been underwhelming although Lock has been hurt.

So far with Lock I see better athlete than QB, only 1 year over 60% in college and he was a 3 year starter. Fairly high INT numbers in college admittedly not on a great team. I think we're seeing so far why he lasted into round 2. The book on him in college was against good teams he was not good, just over 50% basically 1 to 1 INT to TD ratio. It's why he fell from mid first round to second round scouts thought he lacked accuracy and was careless with the ball against good competition and they wondered how he'd do in the NFL.

He has the size and the arm and he can run, with good coaching maybe he gets there but for a 3 year starter he seems very unpolished IMO. I won't be at all surprised if Denver is looking for yet another QB in a year I just am not sold on Lock.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually Lock started the last 8 of his freshman year too I didn't know that so he was a 4 year starter. I think the primary reason I'm skeptical is the hype, preseason senior year CBS projected him the top overall pick in the draft. by the end of what seemed like a good season, he had fallen out of the first round, primarily because they put in a more NFL style system and he really struggled to run it early on. Again great size, great arm, maybe he'll be good.

I know a few Denver fans from when Plummer was playing there and they're actually comparing Lock to Jake but with a better arm, he scares them with his tendency to throw into coverage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would add I didn't see any of it but boy are the Dolphins suddenly playing good football. I thought He wasn't going to survive last year but looks like Brian Flores has that program turned around

3-3 with young talent and high draft picks, they get the Texans 1 and 2 next year so they have 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Get some more Wr talent or a RB to go with Fitz now and Tua later, continue to build.

Interesting I thought they were nuts last year trading away talent for picks but right now they appear to be on the right path

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would add I didn't see any of it but boy are the Dolphins suddenly playing good football. I thought He wasn't going to survive last year but looks like Brian Flores has that program turned around

3-3 with young talent and high draft picks, they get the Texans 1 and 2 next year so they have 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Get some more Wr talent or a RB to go with Fitz now and Tua later, continue to build.

Interesting I thought they were nuts last year trading away talent for picks but right now they appear to be on the right path
Oh man... those Houston picks will be huge.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would argue that every Packers skill position player not named Aaron Jones and Davante Adams is a body that he makes better than what their talent actually is. Tonyan is a nice story but dude couldn't beat out Degura initially. MVS is meh. Even Lazard who is injured is just a large body who see the field similar to Rodgers. We have better skill players than the Packers as a group and maybe the best player of them all in Hopkins.
Packers Skill players are two guys and our guys are as good or better and after the top two our guys are better. Difference is Rodgers makes his guys better, our QB is still in the "need help by my skill players" position.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose