OTAs, May 23-25, Jun 1-3, Jun 6-9, 2022.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Over and done with after ONE playoff appearance.

Brilliant!
No. That is just where the bar is for him now. The early season stuff doesn't matter. Pro Bowl doesn't matter. Getting to the playoffs doesn't matter. It is about winning playoff games and titles now. That comes with claiming you are worth 45 mil per year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. That is just where the bar is for him now. The early season stuff doesn't matter. Pro Bowl doesn't matter. Getting to the playoffs doesn't matter. It is about winning playoff games and titles now. That comes with claiming you are worth 45 mil per year.

What comes with $45m is the dedicated effort to reach those goals.

That's all he can actually do.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with this logic... the same wasn't applied to Keim/Kliff. Yet they still got their extensions...

You could argue it is harder to find a franchise QB, than it is to be a GM/HC.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem with this logic... the same wasn't applied to Keim/Kliff. Yet they still got their extensions...

You could argue it is harder to find a franchise QB, than it is to be a GM/HC.
False narrative. The QB is the most influential position on the field. The roster has been NFL average (at least for two years). The coaching I would argue has been NFL average. If Kyler needs a great HC and great GM to win a playoff game, don't pay him because he is not worth it and we don't have those yet and there is zero indication we will.

Kyler is entering year 4 without a meaningful win along with zero good performances in games to clinch a playoff spot or win a playoff game. The babying needs to stop.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False narrative. The QB is the most influential position on the field. The roster has been NFL average (at least for two years). The coaching I would argue has been NFL average. If Kyler needs a great HC and great GM to win a playoff game, don't pay him because he is not worth it and we don't have those yet and there is zero indication we will.

Kyler is entering year 4 without a meaningful win along with zero good performances in games to clinch a playoff spot or win a playoff game. The babying needs to stop.
Preach!!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yawn. This logic is about as bad as your take on Darrel Williams.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yawn. This logic is about as bad as your take on Darrel Williams.
or it could be that I believe a guy who signs for the league minimum two months after the start of free agency is just not anything special.

or I could just believe that a QB has to actually win meaningful games in the first three seasons of his career before I believe that he is something special.

This board is so funny. Maybe a guy who signs for the league minimum is closer to being a replacement level player than not. Maybe a QB who is barely over a .500 win % and has not won a playoff game is closer to being an average NFL QB than a top one. At some point the facts are the facts despite the stories people want to tell themselves.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or it could be that I believe a guy who signs for the league minimum two months after the start of free agency is just not anything special.

or I could just believe that a QB has to actually win meaningful games in the first three seasons of his career before I believe that he is something special.

This board is so funny. Maybe a guy who signs for the league minimum is closer to being a replacement level player than not. Maybe a QB who is barely over a .500 win % and has not won a playoff game is closer to being an average NFL QB than a top one. At some point the facts are the facts despite the stories people want to tell themselves.
Ridiculous. Who said anything about him being special? No one. Nearly everyone said it was a good signing, not that he would be a pro-bowl player or anything. Moving the goalposts again I see.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Who said anything about him being special? No one. Nearly everyone said it was a good signing, not that he would be a pro-bowl player or anything. Moving the goalposts again I see.
What makes it good then? That he was marginally productive on one of the best offenses in football? That he got benched for Jerick McKinnon? That the Chiefs preferred Ronald Jones to keeping him? His career 3.8 yards per attempt for the Chiefs? His total 10 broken tackles in 4 years?

Explain to me what makes this signing good other than he played for the Chiefs and you know his name.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes it good then? That he was marginally productive on one of the best offenses in football? That he got benched for Jerick McKinnon? That the Chiefs preferred Ronald Jones to keeping him? His career 3.8 yards per attempt for the Chiefs? His total 10 broken tackles in 4 years?

Explain to me what makes this signing good other than he played for the Chiefs and you know his name.
Over 1k yard from scrimmage.
8 TDs.
Veterans minimum.

Those three things are all you need to know to make Darrel a good signing. We have around 2.5M in cap space without other moves. Whom else could we get that was anywhere near as productive for the vet minimum?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand people expecting him to get better but some critics are a bit exaggerated
Sometimes i think about this franchise without Murray and i realize there won't be anything positive to think about

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Over 1k yard from scrimmage.
8 TDs.
Veterans minimum.

Those three things are all you need to know to make Darrel a good signing. We have around 2.5M in cap space without other moves. Whom else could we get that was anywhere near as productive for the vet minimum?
25th in the NFL for RBs in yards from scrimmage in one of the best offenses in football. 150 more than Davonte Booker with the terrible Giants.

We obviously have different definitions for "good".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
25th in the NFL for RBs in yards from scrimmage in one of the best offenses in football. 150 more than Davonte Booker with the terrible Giants.

We obviously have different definitions for "good".
Experience
Pass pro
Fits the offense
What else do we need from a minimum contract backup RB? What are you still longing for here?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Kyler I'm keeping silent on his contract etc until he's signed. But if it goes the way I think it will you can bet I'm going to be doing lots of I told you so, the Cards are going to end up paying him significantly more than the agent asked for IMO. By refusing to deal then and waiting, they as I think Chris Sanders predicted were going to end up making his price go up and that's exactly what I think will happen.

And when it does, don't blame Kyler Murray. That's how the system works it's why lots of us said months ago if they really aren't sure that Kyler is their guy, they should trade him before his price goes up.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler showed up at the OTA’s there would be praised heaped upon him, but not showing up is , well, okay.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Experience
Pass pro
Fits the offense
What else do we need from a minimum contract backup RB? What are you still longing for here?
I am not longing for anything. I have said that it is a "meh" signing. They got a guy who can probably do the job but brings nothing extra. He was on one of the best offenses in football and was completely replaceable. It's fine, I won't be shocked if one of our incumbent RBs beats him out because that is what happened in KC.

It was like when we added Max Garcia. Ok vet OL who had some position versatility and was cheap. Didn't expect a ton and he delivered slightly below average production which was fine.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
man you're talking about the kid like he is Jake freaking Plummer, and not OROY and a two time Pro Bowler.
Jake was a better quarterback.
Jake beat Dallas...in Dallas... back when they were actually good.

Now Kyler plays every week in the House that Jake Built,...and everyone thinks he is the greatest.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jake was a better quarterback.
Jake beat Dallas...in Dallas... back when they were actually good.

Now Kyler plays every week in the House that Jake Built,...and everyone thinks he is the greatest.
Oof. I'm as big a Kyler skeptic as there is, but this is a pretty challenging take.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA