OT: what are they doing to the Great Lawn??

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Weird three-story structure being built on the SWC of the Great Lawn.

I sure hope it’s another way for the cards to make money and exclude their fans who have to work for a living .

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's a concessions, tailgating, restroom and premium options.

I can't find the article I originally read on it and don't have an AZ central subscription - they are branding it as heritage at sportsman park

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm sorry. Do they owe you something for free?
We’ll, I mean my tax dollars helped secure funding for the stadium they play in, so I’d venture that they should take an attitude of service.

EDIT: FURTHERMORE, the Cards positioned the Great Lawn as a place for THE FANS to tailgate and have fun. Now there will be somewhere else for rich jag offs to literally loom over fans who arrive early and have fun with their families—while also taking away space for probably 8-10 tailgate parties on the grass.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like it isnt only for the rich and no tailgating spots will be harmed in its creation.

"The two-story building won't intrude on the tree-lined tailgating area, but it will offer another option for football fans to grab food and drinks.

Heritage at Sportsman's Park will be ready at the start of the NFL season and offer food, drinks and permanent restrooms as "an enhancement to the fan experience on game day," Cardinals spokesperson Mark Dalton said in an email to The Arizona Republic.

And it will likely serve alcohol. The Glendale City Council recently approved a liquor license for the property"

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really? Don't the rich people pay taxes too? Are rich people not fans? I'll bet you that some of the tailgaters have a pretty good wad of money to spend too. You can't never tell who has money. A scenario for you....somebody goes on the lawn when it's closed and the cops try to remove them, if they tell them their taxes helped pay for it are the cops gonna say OK never mind you are a taxpayer you can stay? You know I've had money and I've been broke and I have never been jealous of what somebody else had. They might have got the money from a lawsuit because they got hit by a truck. YOU NEVER KNOW

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like it isnt only for the rich and no tailgating spots will be harmed in its creation.

"The two-story building won't intrude on the tree-lined tailgating area, but it will offer another option for football fans to grab food and drinks.

Heritage at Sportsman's Park will be ready at the start of the NFL season and offer food, drinks and permanent restrooms as "an enhancement to the fan experience on game day," Cardinals spokesperson Mark Dalton said in an email to The Arizona Republic.

And it will likely serve alcohol. The Glendale City Council recently approved a liquor license for the property"

You can't ever have enough places to walk the weasel

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

You can rely on the press release if you like; I was there today and it sits on a corner of the Great Lawn where there obviously used to be free tailgating spots. It looks like the Bay Club at the Phoenix Open and I imagine it will be just as freely accessible.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Really? Don't the rich people pay taxes too? Are rich people not fans? I'll bet you that some of the tailgaters have a pretty good wad of money to spend too. You can't never tell who has money. A scenario for you....somebody goes on the lawn when it's closed and the cops try to remove them, if they tell them their taxes helped pay for it are the cops gonna say OK never mind you are a taxpayer you can stay? You know I've had money and I've been broke and I have never been jealous of what somebody else had. They might have got the money from a lawsuit because they got hit by a truck. YOU NEVER KNOW
Dude what are you even talking about? The great lawn should never be closed because it’s a public space paid for with public funds.
These areas should be equally accessible to all people regardless of means. That’s the point. A fan can walk in from wherever and enjoy every part of the great lawn except this new area.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ll, I mean my tax dollars helped secure funding for the stadium they play in, so I’d venture that they should take an attitude of service.

EDIT: FURTHERMORE, the Cards positioned the Great Lawn as a place for THE FANS to tailgate and have fun. Now there will be somewhere else for rich jag offs to literally loom over fans who arrive early and have fun with their families—while also taking away space for probably 8-10 tailgate parties on the grass.

My tax dollars...hilarious

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lots of my tax dollars went into that too and I don’t want no cheesy beef on my damned great lawn

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude what are you even talking about? The great lawn should never be closed because it’s a public space paid for with public funds.
These areas should be equally accessible to all people regardless of means. That’s the point. A fan can walk in from wherever and enjoy every part of the great lawn except this new area.
I said scenario, you must have a comprehension problem

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can rely on the press release if you like; I was there today and it sits on a corner of the Great Lawn where there obviously used to be free tailgating spots. It looks like the Bay Club at the Phoenix Open and I imagine it will be just as freely accessible.
Okay darksider . . .

permanent bathrooms sound good to me!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Wasn't it paid by tourism tax? Are you a tourist in AZ?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Weird three-story structure being built on the SWC of the Great Lawn.

I sure hope it’s another way for the cards to make money and exclude their fans who have to work for a living .
Really..?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson