UPDATE: Watson Suspended 11 games and fined $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The crazy part is the statement the NFL makes with only an eight game suspension.

Trevor Bauer's suspension even felt like a slap on the wrist.
Ok, I hate to get off topic but I have to bite on this. I have no love lost for Trevor Bauer, nor do I know the scenario, but from what I do know I think that's a reach. Of course, I do not have any evidence in front of me and haven't seen the MLB report, but this is the same MLB that just suspended Josh Donaldson for repeating something Tim Anderson said HIMSELF.

The thing that gets me on Bauer is the denied restraining order. Those are given out like CANDY. The burden of proof is basically the same as a warrant initially, and the burden is the same as a civil case when they are challenged. Judges will hang on any little thing to make sure they are not the judge who misses on a protective order and gets someone hurt. If in fact they had sex, and then there is some evidence he assaulted her, that's ALL it takes.

Now, that being said maybe she didn't have the right evidence when she filed, or MLB may have a ton of other stuff that makes my point completely pointless. But that hole denied restraining order things is WEIRD. Almost as weird as Trevor Bauer.

EDIT: on topic, I expect 8 games for DW.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ok, I hate to get off topic but I have to bite on this. I have no love lost for Trevor Bauer, nor do I know the scenario, but from what I do know I think that's a reach. Of course, I do not have any evidence in front of me and haven't seen the MLB report, but this is the same MLB that just suspended Josh Donaldson for repeating something Tim Anderson said HIMSELF.

The thing that gets me on Bauer is the denied restraining order. Those are given out like CANDY. The burden of proof is basically the same as a warrant initially, and the burden is the same as a civil case when they are challenged. Judges will hang on any little thing to make sure they are not the judge who misses on a protective order and gets someone hurt. If in fact they had sex, and then there is some evidence he assaulted her, that's ALL it takes.

Now, that being said maybe she didn't have the right evidence when she filed, or MLB may have a ton of other stuff that makes my point completely pointless. But that hole denied restraining order things is WEIRD. Almost as weird as Trevor Bauer.

EDIT: on topic, I expect 8 games for DW.
I saw his text messages. I saw where she said " you beat my ***" and he apologized.

I'm not a court of law, but that dude is freaking guilty. Just because a DA doesn't refer charges, it doesn't absolve someone. He did it. He admitted it. The pictures of the victim are BAAAD. You either haven't seen what I saw or we have a very different idea of what is okay.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw his text messages. I saw where she said " you beat my ***" and he apologized.

I'm not a court of law, but that dude is freaking guilty. Just because a DA doesn't refer charges, it doesn't absolve someone. He did it. He admitted it. The pictures of the victim are BAAAD. You either haven't seen what I saw or we have a very different idea of what is okay.

Human excrement

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
yeah they are.

someone accuses you,...you...of a crime. No criminal charges, never found guilty in a court of law...

should you be able to continue to pursue your career??
or should your life be ruined because,...well,...believe her?
Checks notes....yup...still under investigation by the NFL and the civil suits. It's a slap in the face.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah they are.

someone accuses you,...you...of a crime. No criminal charges, never found guilty in a court of law...

should you be able to continue to pursue your career??
or should your life be ruined because,...well,...believe her?

He already had a contract. What the women are saying is not only did you trade for him, you gave him a massive raise, with a huge part of it guaranteed. Meanwhile people are accusing us(the women) of being gold diggers for filing civil cases.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He already had a contract. What the women are saying is not only did you trade for him, you gave him a massive raise, with a huge part of it guaranteed. Meanwhile people are accusing us(the women) of being gold diggers for filing civil cases.
so he changed jobs?? somebody offers me a fat raise,...I will too.

news flash///

zero criminal charges + Big civil suit = Gold digger

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
\
so he changed jobs?? somebody offers me a fat raise,...I will too.

news flash///

zero criminal charges + Big civil suit = Gold digger

Here's Mike Florio's take https://sports.yahoo.com/deshaun-watson-admission-sexual-activity-150340628.html#:~:text=In 22 of the massage,massages resulted in consensual sex.

It is an interesting question that hadn't even occurred to me before. Why does DeShaun Watson need at least 40 different people giving him massages in a relatively short period of time?

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is simple, Watson has a highly questionable character and at least more than one of those women are gold diggin' ******. Hence, not worth us giving a judgement call but ample joy to make fun of the Brownies :)

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That $230 mil guaranteed contract looking like a boat anchor for that Browns salary cap.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In her case she says she gave him a massage 3 times. The first 2 times she was a bit uncomfortable but nothing really happened. The 3rd time she says he exposed himself, repeatedly pressured her for sex. So it fits the pattern of allegations in the other cases and she's not really "new" she just didn't go through with it initially probably in part because there were so many others filing it just seemed like overkill. But after watching the HBO special she said she realized she agreed with the others and so she's suing too.

No idea what the NFL will do they're already past the point people assumed there would be some sort of action by the league, either suspend or don't, and now they have another person filing a suit.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The contract was stupid beyond reason WITHOUT the civil suit. Offering it with the civil suit should add the Browns' ownership to the possible ouster along with those in Washington and Miami. The Browns didn't just kill the goose that laid the golden egg, they plucked it, cooked it up, and ate it. The other owners are, more than likely, livid at the Browns for giving that idiotic totally guaranteed amount of money. Insane.

Of course, he will be suspended, probably 8 games, and then the civil suits will go however they go and the NFL will be on to the next scandal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think that it's gotten to the point that nothing has been 'lost', but simply nobody really cares anymore except the Browns who put up shop in Stupidville

Status
Not open for further replies.