football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Seahawks have never shied away from players with ? on off field stuff

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess if i did the same crap like he did, 20 years in jail
Not necessarily if the charges brought against you were, like him, found to not reach the level of criminal activity. That's how the Grand Jury is supposed to work. As Dan H said the evidence must not have been as strong as the County Attorney maybe thought.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not necessarily if the charges brought against you were, like him, found to not reach the level of criminal activity. That's how the Grand Jury is supposed to work. As Dan H said the evidence must not have been as strong as the County Attorney maybe thought.
From what I read when all this started. It was a single chick that got an attorney....and in true ambulance chaser style he tried to turn it into a class action. Placed ads, sent investigators to question every single woman who had ever given Watson a massage...did everything he could to blow this up and make it huge to force Watson to settle.
I respect a guy that won't settle. But it might have been cheaper had he just written a check at the beginning and made this crap go away.

However, the GJ findings make it so he likely won't have to pay anyway....or at least far less. You never know with civil court, they don't even need true evidence....a strong weepy emotional appeal from several women with sob stories of how he emotionally damaged them and they will find him guilty

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am surprised but I guess we never knew just how much physical evidence they had because it wasn't a rape case so the physical evidence was different.

he still has lots of civil cases pending but clearly he's in a much better situation now than he was before

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From what's online now 9 of the jurors in the grand jury returned a "no bill" which means they didn't think it warranted criminal charges, 3 of the jurors said it did warrant criminal charges. Texas law does not require a unanimous verdict in a grand jury, apparently only a 3/4 majority is required so they got exactly the number of no bills required to get a majority in the case.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
From what I read when all this started. It was a single chick that got an attorney....and in true ambulance chaser style he tried to turn it into a class action. Placed ads, sent investigators to question every single woman who had ever given Watson a massage...did everything he could to blow this up and make it huge to force Watson to settle.
I respect a guy that won't settle. But it might have been cheaper had he just written a check at the beginning and made this crap go away.

However, the GJ findings make it so he likely won't have to pay anyway....or at least far less. You never know with civil court, they don't even need true evidence....a strong weepy emotional appeal from several women with sob stories of how he emotionally damaged them and they will find him guilty
Lol. Our legal system has faults, but this is just a ridiculous and ignorant statement.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He still has the civil lawsuits to deal with and also any suspension action by the NFL.

It's not clear if the NFL will suspend him or not since he wasn't charged, it's less likely. Ben got 6 games when he wasn't charged either but we don't know if that's going to be the case with Watson or not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not clear if the NFL will suspend him or not since he wasn't charged, it's less likely. Ben got 6 games when he wasn't charged either but we don't know if that's going to be the case with Watson or not.
He effectively already missed a whole season. It wasn't official but he couldn't be traded or play until this was resolved so the result is the same.

I don't any ban coming down the line.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as I hate Ben...I thought that was bullcrap. You should not lose money/employment based on an accusation. It's setsca precedent that anyone looking to extort a NFL player has tons of leverage. Pay me 150k or I accuse you and you lose 4 games salary even if it's not true

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
He effectively already missed a whole season. It wasn't official but he couldn't be traded or play until this was resolved so the result is the same.

I don't any ban coming down the line.

He didn't play this season, but he still got paid, at least part of his contract.

I think he gets at least 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA