UPDATE: Watson Suspended 11 games and fined $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my thought all along when saying that I doubt he gets suspended...

It's still clear as Mud. Mike Florio is the one reporting this and he said it could be 12 games, a full season, or nothing at all. the claim was the son was alleging his mom would "reward him" for his silence if he didn't tell the NFL about her changing her mind. But now the attorney representing all the women said he knows nothing about that accuser because "she's not one of my clients" so the idea this is all collusion to get money doesn't fit because she's not part of the list of clients he represents. She might in fact be trying to get paid but she's not part of a larger conspiracy.

Also she's not one of the 5 cases the NFL chose to focus on in their investigation and there's suspicion it's because the NFL lawyers found both her and her sons credibility was in question they weren't sure either one of them were telling the truth so they didn't include her in their investigation.

I can't believe it's gone on this long.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BREAKING: Deshaun Watson Plans To Sue NFL If Suspended Full Season

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
BREAKING: Deshaun Watson Plans To Sue NFL If Suspended Full Season
Unfortunately, the NFL and their hypocrisy has set this up to be viable.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a report out today that says the claim that Watson had at least 66 different women give him massages during that time is incorrect that it's more like 85 and maybe higher. Apparently after the Texans gave him the NDA some of the women involved thought it was against the law for them to come forward, even if they'd had a positive experience with him. Watson's legal team put out the word they wanted therapists to come forward because they were looking for character witness statements, but it appears they may have only gotten part of that information when the 66 number went public it's apparently quite a bit higher.

The report said their dilemma is even if most of the women report they had a good experience the higher the number is the worse it makes Watson look given he could have gotten massages for free through the team, the idea that he was paying out of his own pocket makes it much easier to believe he was looking for more than a massage

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The judge recommends 6 games. NFL can appeal but no point having an independent arbitration if they do that so unlikely.

Also can only uses club approved massage therapy lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I would have loved at least a year, I'm sure they took into account sitting out last year too. It sucks, but no one should be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA