OT: TNF-Panthers @ Stealers

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers proving more and more that 2015 was just a fluke. 31-14 Stealers at the half.
What does this even mean?
They made the playoffs last season, & they’ll do it again this season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine if Bud Dupree fell to us in 2015. Thank God. Whew that guy stinks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina been playing so bad that Dupree actually got a sack.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does this even mean?
They made the playoffs last season, & they’ll do it again this season.
They're not that great. They win at home and are bad on the road. Pittsburgh hasn't been lighting the world on fire and yet they're beating the Panthers like they owe them money. The Panthers are a slightly above average team, nothing more. I expect Atlanta to catch them.

On the upside, I have Ben as my fantasy QB and have 31 points out of him so far.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A ball carrier beyond the line of scrimmage shouldn't have special protections because of the position they play. That ejection is ridiculous. Is a defender supposed to just stand there and hope the QB slides?

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
52-14. Yeah, the Panthers are contenders. Even we haven't been taken to the shed like this. At least not yet.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m glad we pulled our coaching staff from a winner like the Panthers. I was getting sick of being Steelers West too...

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m glad we pulled our coaching staff from a winner like the Panthers. I was getting sick of being Steelers West too...
Hey maybe they suck tonight because we took all their good coaches?

Defense looks bad, we got their defense coaches.

O-line looks absolutely god-awful, we took their o-line coach.

Yes i know this is ridiculous because we suck too

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Pittsburgh had a very simple game plan on defense, pressure Cam and he folds. Let Cam have time and he can pick you apart. Pittsburgh ran a lot of blitzes from a lot of different angles with delays and stunts. Cam is incapable of picking that all up. Any smart DC would study this game and run a similar defense against Cam. To me Newton is the classic underachiever. You watch the best, (Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc.) and they are all reviewing plays while they are on the sidelines trying to find that little edge that will lead their team to victory. Every time they show Newton he's just sitting there relaxing not doing anything to try and gain an edge. He relies too much on his physical abilities which are incredible when he could be combining those with mental acuity to be a better QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pittsburgh had a very simple game plan on defense, pressure Cam and he folds. Let Cam have time and he can pick you apart. Pittsburgh ran a lot of blitzes from a lot of different angles with delays and stunts. Cam is incapable of picking that all up. Any smart DC would study this game and run a similar defense against Cam. To me Newton is the classic underachiever. You watch the best, (Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc.) and they are all reviewing plays while they are on the sidelines trying to find that little edge that will lead their team to victory. Every time they show Newton he's just sitting there relaxing not doing anything to try and gain an edge. He relies too much on his physical abilities which are incredible when he could be combining those with mental acuity to be a better QB.
If he’s the classic underachiever, what makes guys like Rivers & Romo?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the Bungles, the Panthers haven't beat another team with a record over .500

At least their next four games for the Panthers are against sub .500 teams. Panthers are not going anywhere in the playoffs.

Compare that to the Cardinals who have only played 3 games against a team that is Sub .500. Four of the games the Cardinals lost were against division leaders.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will it be back to back years that three teams from the NFC South make the playoffs? Has that even happened before?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If he’s the classic underachiever, what makes guys like Rivers & Romo?
I personally don't think either Rivers nor Romo had the physical skill set Cam has. I think Rivers and Romo had to work harder to get to the level they played or play at. Cam on the other hand gets by on his physical skills and doesn't put in the work that would make him one outstanding HOF QB. Newton is damn good as he is now. Imagine what kind of QB he could be if he made a commitment to be the best he could be. I have seen a fair number of Panther games since living in SC you get their games all the time. Never once have I seen him sitting with the OC or QB coach with the notebook in hand reviewing plays and looking at what the defense is trying to do. I have seen him a lot of times either just sitting there or clowning around with teammates or pouting. I have watched probably 25-30 Panther games and you would think by chance I would have seen him huddling with some coach. Never have seen it. This is where I feel he could improve.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you miss the Broncos game?
They didn't hang a 50 spot on us and steamroll us offensively. Offensively Denver had a pretty good but pedestrian game while their defense set tone. Carolina got flat steamrolled by a Pittsburgh offense that has struggled at times this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panthers proving more and more that 2015 was just a fluke. 31-14 Stealers at the half.

this is so ridiculous. EVERY 15-1 season is a freaking fluke. That's why it's only happened 3 times in league history. But the idea that they're not that good is laughable

They are a good team that an unbelievable year. Arguing otherwise is asinine considering they've made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and are on track to do so again this season.