OT - The legend that is Ray Lewis

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, this is way off topic but I just got done watching this incredible highlight reel of Lewis’ career:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It got me thinking about how important it is to have leaders on your team who are both vocal leaders as well as leaders who back it up with their play. I feel like Ray Lewis almost single handedly created an identity for his team that lasted for decades (That identity being a phenomenal defense).

Just out of curiosity, would you rather the Cardinals be a dominant defensive team or a dominant offensive team? Obviously we want both, but if you had to only pick one which would it be?

I can’t help but feel like if our strength was defense then it would take so much pressure of Kliff and Kyler allowing them to excel even more.

There’s a part of me that just wants to see the Cardinals draft defensive players like Ozzie Newsome used to do and just create a team that can just go out and murder the the Seahawks/Rams/49ers offenses.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I was an offensive guy about 92% of my time on the field, but I’d rather have a dominating defense. I’ve really soured on watching our defense get pulled apart.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeing your team score a TD is great, but when the other team immediately scores on the next drive, guves up an easy score, or runs the ball down their throats in the 4th its just gut wrenching. It just deflates the team.
Pretty much sums up one of, if not the most pressing problem this team has had the last 2 seasons.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Lewis slipped out of trouble when he was accused of murder. I change the channel whenever he comes on.
How do you even watch sports? Many sports teams have someone playing who’s been accused of and/or convicted of pretty bad stuff, up to and including causing the death of another person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How do you even watch sports? Many sports teams have someone playing who’s been accused of and/or convicted of pretty bad stuff, up to and including causing the death of another person.

It's a shame it's that way too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I cut my teeth enjoying the NFL on the Dungy Bucs, but it’s easier to be consistently competitive with a superior offense. You really only need three blue chip offensive players to be a dominating offense as long as one of them is a QB.

On defense you probably need 4-6 blue chippers and another three B-plus types. Hard to keep a unit like that together long-term, and if a couple guys get injured you’re screwed.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Some of the idiots on TV I can't stand are Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin. It doesn't take long to tire of their constant BS

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suggs lewis combo was straight nasty...

Kinda cool went to same high school as suggs for a little bit Chandler high he was a truck lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lewis slipped out of trouble when he was accused of murder. I change the channel whenever he comes on.

please get your story straight. That’s the headline but it those two guys ended up getting off because it was ruled self defense

and Ray Lewis wasn’t involved

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
please get your story straight. That’s the headline but it those two guys ended up getting off because it was ruled self defense

and Ray Lewis wasn’t involved
Yeah sure he wasn't.. That's why he paid out of court settlements to the families. He did it out of the goodness of his heart I guess BS !!! He slimed his way out of it just like OJ did

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah sure he wasn't.. That's why he paid out of court settlements to the families. He did it out of the goodness of his heart I guess BS !!! He slimed his way out of it just like OJ did

not even close but those are your issues to work through.

he was a witness to a fight involving 4 men two of them his friends. Two men died and it was ruled self defense because Lewis’s friends didn’t start the fight. There was never a murder and no one ever went to prison.

grow up dude

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
not even close but those are your issues to work through.

he was a witness to a fight involving 4 men two of them his friends. Two men died and it was ruled self defense because Lewis’s friends didn’t start the fight. There was never a murder and no one ever went to prison.

grow up dude
Maybe you need to do some more research before you tell me I'm wrong. And as far as telling me to grow up stick it where the sun don't shine

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score