OT-The 2023 NHL playoffs

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That was one of the dumbest plays I've seen all playoffs. Did not go well for the Stars after that.

I can't believe how close everything has been and yet these semi-finals look extremely lopsided. Two game four elimination games coming right up. Would be a miracle for LV or Florida to lose their tickets to the dance at this point.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I’ve always liked Jamie Benn, but given the circumstances, that was arguably the most bone headed act I’ve seen in Dallas stars history. And now he is making excuses for the way he fell, so he absolutely deserves to be suspended.

Beyond that I was disappointed watching the stars fans and how they acted. Many of them look beyond dumb for complaining about the refs.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
it was a fair suspension. still disappointed in Jamie for not facing the media after the game and then with his idiotic comments the next day (falling on the player with his stick), sounds very 7 year oldish. not very captain like. for me he has a long hill to climb to keep that C. especially with Joe Pavelski and some of the other very capable leaders on that team.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it was a fair suspension. still disappointed in Jamie for not facing the media after the game and then with his idiotic comments the next day (falling on the player with his stick), sounds very 7 year oldish. not very captain like. for me he has a long hill to climb to keep that C. especially with Joe Pavelski and some of the other very capable leaders on that team.
Stars fan here and it was an incredibly stupid act on his part. And now his inability to own it—extremely immature.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
that's fine, but there's something about both of those guys that I just can't root for. probably because I'm a salty stars fan I guess because Matt Tkachuck's dad also killed the stars back in the day. Jason Robertson and Joe Pavelski are also American and they are 2 of the very best players for the stars. one of them will likely captain the stars soon I hope.

I think Las Vegas will win this series, but won't shed a tear if they lose.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's fine, but there's something about both of those guys that I just can't root for. probably because I'm a salty stars fan I guess because Matt Tkachuck's dad's linemate was killed by the stars's Derian Hatcher back in the day. Jason Robertson and Joe Pavelski are also American and they are 2 of the very best players for the stars. one of them will likely captain the stars soon I hope.

I think Las Vegas will win this series, but won't shed a tear if they lose.
FTFY

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JR was so tough he still came back while his jaw was being held together with Scotch tape. I've hated the Stars with a passion ever since.

Same. They are dead to me. I was such a huge JR fan.

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. They are dead to me. I was such a huge JR fan.

You must be registered for see images attach
I may have to use this as my avatar someday. I used this pic on my FB profile some time ago and it blew up as so many people thought I got assaulted. Lol.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yikes I remember that hit. JR got Mike modano a few years later when he was with the flyers, with a hit in the back against the side boards. Maybe not as brutal or gruesome, but a real bad concussion where Mike couldn’t even skate off the ice or put much weight on his legs.

On the American theme, hatcher was the first American captain to win a Stanley cup. I never understood why he was the stars captain though especially with how dirty of a player he was. He finally lost his captaincy later in his career after being suspended for illegal hits. I think it was old stars general manager bob gainey who wanted Hatcher to be captain. I always thought that Mike should have captained that team. Years later I would come to find out that bob gainey thought Mike modano was too immature and soft. He wanted him to be more of a defensive and physical player.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes I remember that hit. JR got Mike modano a few years later when he was with the flyers, with a hit in the back against the side boards. Maybe not as brutal or gruesome, but a real bad concussion where Mike couldn’t even skate off the ice or put much weight on his legs.

On the American theme, hatcher was the first American captain to win a Stanley cup. I never understood why he was the stars captain though especially with how dirty of a player he was. He finally lost his captaincy later in his career after being suspended for illegal hits. I think it was old stars general manager bob gainey who wanted Hatcher to be captain. I always thought that Mike should have captained that team. Years later I would come to find out that bob gainey thought Mike modano was too immature and soft. He wanted him to be more of a defensive and physical player.
FWIW, I was a huge Washington Capitals fan back in the day and Kevin Hatcher (Derian's bro) was one of my all-time faves (along with other Capital defensemen Sylvan Cote, Al Iafrate)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that was an ass whooping by the Knights. My time away from Vegas has lessened my connection to the team but I am super excited for them and the city.
I'm happy for Phil and Aiden Hill, but that's about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose