OT: Tennessee QB Tyler Bray to enter NFL Draft

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Report: Tennessee QB Tyler Bray to enter NFL Draft

Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray will leave the Vols and enter his name into the upcoming NFL Draft, according to a source reports Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com.

Bray suffered through an up-and-down junior season starting for the 5-7 Vols, completing 268-of-451 (59.4%) for 3,612 yards, 34 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 146.3 rating. A low point of Bray’s season was his benching in the second quarter of the Vols’ 41-18 loss to Vanderbilt.

His NFL projections have ranged as high as the fourth-best quarterback after Matt Barkley (USC), Geno Smith (West Virginia) and Tyler Wilson (Arkansas), or as low as the ninth-best prospect likely to go no higher than the fourth round.

Other draft analysts have encouraged Bray to return to Tennessee for his senior year under new head coach Butch Jones.

Note: Haven't seen him play. Has good size at 6' 4" 230 lbs.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He is 6' 6" and I would be shocked if he carries more than 200lbs on him...I think the school lists him at 215+ but he is thinner than Plummer was.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have zero interest in Bray. I like Nassib much, much better.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think he is probably smart coming out this year in a weak qb draft. If he impresses at the combine, he might shoot up the rankings. He has some good stats even though he had a so called off year. Maybe just the Vols were that bad this year. He might have been the only spark on the team. I don't follow them so wouldn't know for sure.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bray has a ton of tools to work with, but the question comes down to his inaccuracy. Is it due to poor footwork, or does he just not have a NFL feel for passing? The answer to this question really determines where he gets drafted.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Big Arm and inaccurate...it is just Skelton all over again, Derek Anderson all over again...NO!
Please NO LOOSE CANNONS NEED APPLY

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's great for us that he's coming out, because it might push a different QB prospect further down the draft pecking order for us.

I think it is not great because of late we draft QBs like the Raiders. It does not matter if the guy cannot keep the pass within even the field of play, as long as he can throw it a mile. The only thing we seem to value more is moxie, and then a BB gun arm is accepted :)

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the love of Warner I do not want to watch another "big framed, rocket-armed, inaccurate" QB put on Cardinal red. Enough of the Andersons, Skeltons, and Lindleys. I'd like to see a well-placed ball for once.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Some team will likley fall in love with his measurables and over-draft him. He's got the size and the best arm coming into the draft, if he works out great, he could be the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board. I'd rather have him than Matt Barkley but would prefer Wilson and Nassib over Bray.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some team will likley fall in love with his measurables and over-draft him. He's got the size and the best arm coming into the draft, if he works out great, he could be the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board. I'd rather have him than Matt Barkley but would prefer Wilson and Nassib over Bray.

There are a lot of guys. None of them really blow me away completely. I like certain aspects of each guy. I think bray is clearly has the most arm talent, but his feet are horrible and we all know how that goes. He appears to have that one fatal flaw that a lot of guys like him suffer from. He has a killer cannon and thinks he can make any throw regardless of how his feet are. These guys get into huge trouble in the pros a la Jeff George. Man. It would be great to have that much natural ability but. They rarely pan out.

He will break your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have seen Bray play quite a bit. He has a great arm and is far more accurate than many are saying here. Problem with him is he has attitude issues which makes him surprisingly unpopular here. Being compared in that way to Ryan Mallett.

Would be a gamble but one that may pay off big time for someone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson