OT: Seattle nabs some defensive help

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traded for Carlos Dunlap... Unknown draft pick compensation at this time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a good move for Seattle as their defense has been atrocious. I agree that it is similar to the Markus Golden move that we just did.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Uhh..he just had 9 sacks last year

Its on par to Markus Golden getting traded to us imo. Winning environment and you hope his production goes back up.

And this year he was benched in favor of a guy named Amani Bledsoe.

He may have something left in the tank, the change in environment may help him, but I do not see this as having a huge impact on the Seahawks defense. Upgrade for sure. But their pass rush issues are not being solved with Dunlap.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel for BJ Finney. Imagine waking up and finding out your going from the Seahawks to the Bungals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this year he was benched in favor of a guy named Amani Bledsoe.

He may have something left in the tank, the change in environment may help him, but I do not see this as having a huge impact on the Seahawks defense. Upgrade for sure. But their pass rush issues are not being solved with Dunlap.

he was benched because he has been vocally disgruntled....

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
carlos is a good player and the move can’t just be dismissed
Yea even though Clowney didnt get a ton of sacks last year he basically forced us to be afraid to drop back and throw the football.

He's not Clowney, but you add Dunlap and now Adams on blitzes...well we have to be prepared.

I guess the good thing is at least the Rams (2 games) and 49ers will have it a little harder as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
One thing’s for sure, Seattle will never stand pat and will always turn the roster over to get better. Plus, they gave up little to make it work.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel for BJ Finney. Imagine waking up and finding out your going from the Seahawks to the Bungals.

Not sure the fit, but I might have made this deal as well.

7th and Garcia? Probably would.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing’s for sure, Seattle will never stand pat and will always turn the roster over to get better. Plus, they gave up little to make it work.

They can't stand pat - they are already all in.

Seattle has no 1st or 3rd round picks this year. They have to give Adams a massive contract this off-season. They just picked up another $10 million in salary next year with Dunlap (though they could cut him). Russ is not getting any younger.

We are in much better shape than them going forward.. They are making desperation moves and mortgaging their future for a Superbowl, and we just beat them.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
They can't stand pat - they are already all in.

Seattle has no 1st or 3rd round picks this year. They have to give Adams a massive contract this off-season. They just picked up another $10 million in salary next year with Dunlap (though they could cut him). Russ is not getting any younger.

We are in much better shape than them going forward.. They are making desperation moves and mortgaging their future for a Superbowl, and we just beat them.

Perhaps, but Russ isnt going to fall off and they have arguably the best GM in the game and one of the best coaches. It may seem like they're "mortgaging the future," but well-run franchises overcome these obstacles.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

True, could be worse though. At least the Bengals are pointing up, it could've been the Jets.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps, but Russ isnt going to fall off and they have arguably the best GM in the game and one of the best coaches. It may seem like they're "mortgaging the future," but well-run franchises overcome these obstacles.
Maybe 6 years ago.