OT: Seahawks fans petition ban on Cam.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This could be the dumbest thing ever. Hey Seahawks fans, classless and stupid is no way to go through life.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has to be the funniest thing ever! So basically saying from that petition is, we (Seahawks) are probably going to lose to Cam and company again next season, so let's try and find a way to not let that happen! Clueless people

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Cam didn't understand is that the Seahawks fans are fairly new to the scene. Hell, that 12 flag was probably barely a few days old. So essentially Cam plucked a newborn from the stands and tossed it away with zero emotion. What kind of monster would do that to a newborn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is stupid. However I would like to know why PP gets a penalty for a finger wag while the NFL let's Cam dance around like his name was Bojangles without a penalty.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is stupid. However I would like to know why PP gets a penalty for a finger wag while the NFL let's Cam dance around like his name was Bojangles without a penalty.

Good point.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm fine with Cam dancing, but if the league is trying to minimize showboating, it should enforce the rules across the board. That, or let players dance.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guess who is making $ off this?? The N-F-L of course. They see the ratings of "what is Cam gonna do?" and they let it happen. I swear every facebook feed that has to do with the NFL is something about what Cam and the Panthers did after a TD. You are right though. Either let it happen or don't. Crotch grabbing, flipping the bird, pelvic thrusting, etc are not acceptable, but who cares if guys celebrate!! I actually loved it when TO would find new ways of signing things after a TD. The best one is when he had a Sharpie in his sock because he knew he was scoring. Just like everyone says, if you don't want the other team to celebrate, don't let them score

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guess who is making $ off this?? The N-F-L of course. They see the ratings of "what is Cam gonna do?" and they let it happen. I swear every facebook feed that has to do with the NFL is something about what Cam and the Panthers did after a TD. You are right though. Either let it happen or don't. Crotch grabbing, flipping the bird, pelvic thrusting, etc are not acceptable, but who cares if guys celebrate!! I actually loved it when TO would find new ways of signing things after a TD. The best one is when he had a Sharpie in his sock because he knew he was scoring. Just like everyone says, if you don't want the other team to celebrate, don't let them score

Agree 100%. As long as it's not inappropriate or insulting who cares. pp's finger wag was no worse than Deon's high stepping. Total BS call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. As long as it's not inappropriate or insulting who cares. pp's finger wag was no worse than Deon's high stepping. Total BS call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure was. My brother was saying that Greg Olsen had to come grab Newton after a celebration because it was taking so long. I missed that one. NFL loves the Dab, but dislikes Tebowing!

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
True, and the adult thing to do would have been to just ignore her. All fans pay these guys' salaries... even the opposing fans.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the league is trying to minimize showboating, it should enforce the rules across the board.

Yep. Why does John Brown's dancing earn a penalty, but not Cam or any other Panther dancing or celebrating. Need to be clear on what is or is not a penalty.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The reason Cam doesn't get flagged is because he doesn't aim it at the opponent. If PP waved his finger at the stands, no penalty. The second he turns around with that finger waving and it comes in line of sight of the opponent, boom, penalty.

John Brown went to the ground with his celebration. You can do anything you want as long as your hand doesn't touch the ground, you don't aim it at your opponent, and you don't use the football as a prop. I think that's it?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im no Cam fan by any means.. But this is stupid.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hilarious that the same people who worship the "hold my genitals" celebrating Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman... probably the biggest loud mouth, rub it in peoples faces ******* in the league are this butt hurt over Cam Newton.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some investigative reporting on the Seahawks and found out some very interesting information on the history of the 12 flag. Most Seahawks fans know the the 12 flag is important but few of them know the true history behind the flag.

From my investigation I found out that the 12 flag has a deep history in Seattle. It honors the original 12th man who was one of the first Seahawks fans.

This fan was a veteran of several major conflicts who served with honor and was highly decorated. For years he served as a fighter pilot and scored numerous kills. Most of his career was spent on a battleship called Galactica. Today almost everyone only knows him by his call sign Starbuck.

It turns out that Starbuck was a huge Seattle fan. He was often the only fan at the game rooting for the Seahawks back when they played at the old Kingdome and when the Seahawks used to be in the AFC West. Most Seattle fans today just assume that the Seahawks have always been in the NFC.

Because Starbuck would often be the only fan rooting for the Seahawks back in the day, he was dubbed by former Seahawk player Curt Warner as the 12th man. At this point most Seattle fans will correct you and say that Kurt Warner never played for the Seahawks and most people just nod and agree with them.

So with the deep history of the 12 flag, you can now better understand their outrage!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason Cam doesn't get flagged is because he doesn't aim it at the opponent. If PP waved his finger at the stands, no penalty. The second he turns around with that finger waving and it comes in line of sight of the opponent, boom, penalty.

John Brown went to the ground with his celebration. You can do anything you want as long as your hand doesn't touch the ground, yotu don't aim it at your opponent, and you don't use the football as a prop. I think that's it?

Exactly. And now that you've said this, everyone will ignore it and continue to think Cam is getting preferential treatment.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Cam hurt the feelings of the entire Seahawk nation in the division game. I think its entirely reasonable to ban Cam from Questfield. Of course this means the Seahawks forfeit the game and take an automatic loss. When you have an overly sensitive fan base, you've got to protect those delicate people. You take the loss and move on.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I did some investigative reporting on the Seahawks and found out some very interesting information on the history of the 12 flag. Most Seahawks fans know the the 12 flag is important but few of them know the true history behind the flag.

From my investigation I found out that the 12 flag has a deep history in Seattle. It honors the original 12th man who was one of the first Seahawks fans.

This fan was a veteran of several major conflicts who served with honor and was highly decorated. For years he served as a fighter pilot and scored numerous kills. Most of his career was spent on a battleship called Galactica. Today almost everyone only knows him by his call sign Starbuck.

It turns out that Starbuck was a huge Seattle fan. He was often the only fan at the game rooting for the Seahawks back when they played at the old Kingdome and when the Seahawks used to be in the AFC West. Most Seattle fans today just assume that the Seahawks have always been in the NFC.

Because Starbuck would often be the only fan rooting for the Seahawks back in the day, he was dubbed by former Seahawk player Curt Warner as the 12th man. At this point most Seattle fans will correct you and say that Kurt Warner never played for the Seahawks and most people just nod and agree with them.

So with the deep history of the 12 flag, you can now better understand their outrage!

Haha.

I also heard that Jesus Christ, a man of infinite wisdom, was wrapped with a 12 flag after his crucifixion.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Haha.

I also heard that Jesus Christ, a man of infinite wisdom, was wrapped with a 12 flag after his crucifixion.

Actually, sorry, I got the story wrong. He was crucified with a 12 jersey on, and that image was burned into the cloth he was wrapped in, creating the first 12 flag. Sorry.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Exactly. And now that you've said this, everyone will ignore it and continue to think Cam is getting preferential treatment.

I may not be a "CamFan", but like he said, "If you don't like it, stop it." Or something to that effect.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually, sorry, I got the story wrong. He was crucified with a 12 jersey on, and that image was burned into the cloth he was wrapped in, creating the first 12 flag. Sorry.

Actually, da Vinci--the man who created the flag--was from Seattle.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dear Seattle fans:
You must be registered for see images

Seriously tho, this is a great idea! I wouldn't want Cam to play if I was a Hawks fan either. Lets ban him from UofP!!! I'm sure the Broncos would like to ban Cam from the superbowl as well.

Seattle fans see the writing on the wall as far as power in the NFC goes. Cam isn't going anywhere 12's, get used to it. The guy is just good.

Last edited: