OT: Russell Westbrook trade thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Miami is willing to do that, they would've dealt that to get RW. Miami balked at giving up Herro, Bam or DJJ which OKC was wanting.

I think OKC wanted wanted two out of three for Chris Paul. Maybe they will accept less in time. :shrug:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Harden, Westbrook, and D'Antoni are not going to be a good mix. I fully expect Houston will end up taking a step backwards. Not that they weren't already going to be taking a step backwards anyway, so I get why they pulled the string on this.

If they were in the East, this would have had much more impact for them. Which is Miami would have been smarter to make a move for Westbrook.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Harden, Westbrook, and D'Antoni are not going to be a good mix. I fully expect Houston will end up taking a step backwards. Not that they weren't already going to be taking a step backwards anyway, so I get why they pulled the string on this.

If they were in the East, this would have had much more impact for them. Which is Miami would have been smarter to make a move for Westbrook.

Houston is now rumored to be exploring trade options to get Iggy. Probably based around Eric Gordon. Houston would be potent if they pull that off

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

They will probably not be much better than what OKC was last year. Just change out Harden for Paul George. Who on the Rockets besides Westbrook and Harden will move the needle more than the supporting cast did in OKC?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think Harden and Westbrook could work but I doubt they'll get past the Clippers. Hopefully Golden State will get booted from the playoffs quickly. Forgive me for wanting to see disappointment on those smug bastards (Kerr, Curry, Green). I actually like Kerr and I bet Curry is mostly a good guy, but it would be good with a change AS LONG AS IT IS NOT LEFLOP AND THE LAKERS.

The center and that backup SG (I forget his name) for Houston is pretty decent plus their coaching is better (as long as they can take the extra minutes) also I think Harden is a better closer (eeh) than Westbrook but maybe not significantly.

It would be great if Westbrook and Harden won it for Dantoni. Why not. Who else? Canada got one this year and it was great. I don't want another banner going to LA. Hopefully Philly and Brooklyn put up a good fight but I'd rather not see the sixers win anything. I'd be okay with a championship to Durant in Brooklyn though.

Last edited:

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Russ to the rockets is a done deal. Rockets owner confirmed the deal. Damn how many draft picks does OKC have now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave