OT: Rodgers wants out of Green Bay?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is it. How can an organization take the stand that they have and made the moves that they have but be unwilling to take the haul that they would get back for him.

It's like, "you are the just the QB and do not get to have a say in moves and what we do as a front office, but you are so indispensable that we won't trade you for a king's ransom even though we have already drafted your replacement".

Makes no sense.

It's almost as if most of the football world hasn't been talking about the incompetence of Mike McCarthy (who we saw how AWESOME he is in Dallas) and Ted Thompson for years.

They finally switch to Guntekunst and yeah he makes some good moves, but they then turn around and absolutely insult not only a franchise icon but an NFL icon by moving up to draft his replacement. They weren't draft Love for 2025, they were drafting him for a year or two down the road max. Saying nothing to maybe the best QB in franchise history, and probably a top five QB in NFL history is real tone deaf. If I'm Rodgers, I let this drag on and on and on and then pull a Carson Palmer right before training camp.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rodgers is a whiney, unlikeable guy. And no one can argue that the GB FO didn’t help matters either. As far as I’m concerned, they’re perfect for each other:cool:
Yes, Rodgers is the ultimate grudge holder. That is why I am shocked that they have struggled to manage him. It isn't like this is secret or new info. Feeling the respect is something that is very important to him and something he is sensitive to.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, Rodgers is the ultimate grudge holder. That is why I am shocked that they have struggled to manage him. It isn't like this is secret or new info. Feeling the respect is something that is very important to him and something he is sensitive to.
Some may say too sensitive. But, no one can deny how great he is. Like you said, the Packers I’m sure were well aware of his personality very early on. Maybe, it’s exhausted them?? Tough situation for GB & their fans.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What I will say is that I can understand how a HOF level QB would get frustrated if he perceived the franchise was holding him back or limiting him. It is why I feel it is really dumb to exclude your franchise QB from providing input in what he feels he needs to be successful. And a lot of times, it isn't huge things.

Jake Kumerow was not a great player but Rodgers loved him and the gap between him and Equanimeous St Brown is marginal at best.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, Schefter admitted on Dan Patrick’s show that he had no sources for this story when he released it on draft day. Pat McAfee is losing his mind on his show, heh.

Schefter is just covering for Rodgers after he blew up the draft.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently several Packers players have approached management asking them point blank either fix this so Aaron stays or trade him and then trade me too.

So at least for now it appears at least some of the players support Rodgers on this stance.

Davante Adams seems logical here.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davante Adams seems logical here.

I saw it on NFL Network on tv but they didn't give any names but yes Adams would seem like a logical guy since his success and thus paycheck is directly tied to Rodgers.

I'm not saying Rodgers doesn't play a role here with his personality, he does, but it appears at least some of the team is siding with him.

I actually think if you want to "Blame" someone blame Brady and Tampa Bay. The Bucs went all in on Tom, let him have huge input and the result was a SB win even though Brady himself wasn't spectacular. I think players like Rodgers probably saw that and thought man if my current team won't support me maybe I can get traded and get a situation like TB gave to Tom?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Apparently several Packers players have approached management asking them point blank either fix this so Aaron stays or trade him and then trade me too.

So at least for now it appears at least some of the players support Rodgers on this stance.
Also means Jordan Love isn’t ready and might be a bust

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I understand frustration with lack of first round picks on offense, but it’s not like he’s playing with bare cupboard. He has one of the best receivers and best running backs in the league. And last I checked his oline hasn’t completely blown for his career.

like someone mentioned here: he was a drive away from the Super Bowl. Where, exactly, is that greener grass he believes the packers are depriving him of?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m beginning to feel that the Rodgers story was totally overblown and made big ESPN news by Adam Schafter. He did it for the ratings so more people would watch the Draft. Now news is coming out that he really had no inside sources on this and could have brought this our weeks early. Oh well, the sports talk analysts fell for this and have kept this as big news. Bottom line is I do think the Packers are working with Rodgers agent on a contact extension and that will happen and everyone will be happy. Lot’s of ado about nothing. Just my two cents.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He can always retire and make a remake of "Flash Gordon" Oh yeah, he has never played for the Jets

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess what we can all take from this is that We're All Very Lucky that Michael B. and Steve K. are running the Cardinals.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess what we can all take from this is that We're All Very Lucky that Michael B. and Steve K. are running the Cardinals.
"Cardinals fans should feel happy that they are good losers" is that what this means?

No wonder there is no pressure on this franchise to ever win if this is how majority of Cardinals fans think of this team. Jesus.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Cardinals fans should feel happy that they are good losers" is that what this means?

No wonder there is no pressure on this franchise to ever win if this is how majority of Cardinals fans think of this team. Jesus.

Guy got this from 1 poster.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair over the years I’ve seen a very low bar set by many posters on this board.
Right. I get a feeling that outside of the hardcore fans here...that the general fans that make up most of the revenue for this team, have the low bar attitude. But, slowly but surely I think we can swing it. Just like the Suns.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, not unless you want to live in the past, and am not concerned about the future. A two team, three year race, AZ vs. GB is starting. Who are you betting on?
Green Bay. My team has a hundred years worth of losing so...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, not unless you want to live in the past, and am not concerned about the future. A two team, three year race, AZ vs. GB is starting. Who are you betting on?
Green Bay. They were literally one drive away from the super bowl last year. We fell apart down the stretch and couldn’t beat the Rams second string.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave