OT: Rodgers wants out of Green Bay?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy, this is starting to get ugly. Packers should look for best deal and trade him after June 1st. They can then split the $38 M cap hit over two years.
Why try to stick it to him when you can still get some value for him?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yep... Brady is the better QB IMO

EVEN HEAD TO HEAD:

Brady has far outplayed him... Small sample size but still....

Rodgers and Brady have met head-to-head just three times in their careers. Brady is 2-1 in those games. Bradyis 61 of 97 for 805 yards, with five TDs and zero interceptions in head-to-head starts against Rodgers, who is 64 of 116 for 787 yards, with four TDs and two interceptions in those games.

h2h matchups is probably the worst QB comparison to make. Brady has a losing record to both Peyton and Eli in the playoffs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome to the NBA
I agree. This opens up a can of worms that will ruin franchises. Terry Bradshaw called Rodgers "soft" for his antics. I'm hoping & praying that crap like this doesn't open the door for other franchise QB's being able to force their way off a team.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep... Brady is the better QB IMO

EVEN HEAD TO HEAD:

Brady has far outplayed him... Small sample size but still....

Rodgers and Brady have met head-to-head just three times in their careers. Brady is 2-1 in those games. Bradyis 61 of 97 for 805 yards, with five TDs and zero interceptions in head-to-head starts against Rodgers, who is 64 of 116 for 787 yards, with four TDs and two interceptions in those games.

QB's never meet head-to-head.

What you are actually saying is that New England's defence was better than Green Bay's in these confrontations.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree. This opens up a can of worms that will ruin franchises. Terry Bradshaw called Rodgers "soft" for his antics. I'm hoping & praying that crap like this doesn't open the door for other franchise QB's being able to force their way off a team.
We better keep Kyler happy then

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boy, this is starting to get ugly. Packers should look for best deal and trade him after June 1st. They can then split the $38 M cap hit over two years.
Why try to stick it to him when you can still get some value for him?

I agree. That's why I said they should have traded him prior to this draft. If they could have made a deal with SF for the #3 plus other picks/players (I mentioned Bosa), they could have started fresh with Love or even drafted one of the rookies. Now, they are between a rock and a hard place. Probably wouldn't get near the same value.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree. That's why I said they should have traded him prior to this draft. If they could have made a deal with SF for the #3 plus other picks/players (I mentioned Bosa), they could have started fresh with Love or even drafted one of the rookies. Now, they are between a rock and a hard place. Probably wouldn't get near the same value.
Well, the Packers have misread this entire situation so why would they change now?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On this matter, Rodgers is 100% right, a decade the GB FO didn't give him any help on O and didn't draft well or provide good support. The D was never better than mediocre, the O-line was mediocre or less till Rodgers got injured and missed the season. He had good connections with some WR and they let them go. And when they made some moves it was most the time for washed Veterans that were on a strong decline already. Rodgers was and is a better QB than Carson Palmer, but we beat them because he didn't have any help.

And than when he asks for more support and doesn't want to sign a new contract till you finally tell him that you buy in and provide him some weapons, you tell him that you do, and than the first draftpick for the O that you make, the first in over a decade, is a QB that is the replacement for Rodgers.

Look, GB did everything wrong. Look at Wilson, Wilson probably would have played one year MLB to get out of the contract if he played in GB, because he at least has some weapons and had a first stellar, than great and than mediocre D. But Rodgers didn't have anything of that, else he would probably have at least 1-2 more rings and Brady at least one less.

So basically to what it comes down to, if you get screwed over in your job multiple times, than get told that you finally get help, just to see that they bring in a guy that you should tutelage you probably would ask around, and as soon as somebody gives you the same amount of money you would resign.

This situation is no different, expect Rodgers can't really resign, but he can not play one more down for GB. And yes we nowadays have more people that want to maximixe what they have. Losing to a great team isn't a problem for any QB. Losing to a mediocre team because you have both hands ropped behind your back isn't a great feeling.

He is not Brady, but he is a great one and was wated by Green Bay and now that he has maybe another 3-5 years he wants a real shot at a SB and with GB he doesn't, because they are lowballing him.

And yes, if you build your franchise around 1 Player, you should help him to win, maybe even ask him before the draft what positional needs and upgrades he thinks are needed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Completely agree.

Fire the GM of a team that won 26 games over the past two seasons for an aging QB with not a lot of playing time left?

Unrealistic.
Almost like a Hall of Fame QB who was a huge factor in that GM winning 26 games over the past season feels like he should be shown a little respect and given a heads up if they are looking to bring in his replacement and on what players on the roster he likes to work with. Call me crazy but Rodgers may have a better idea of what he needs to be successful as a QB than some GM.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Then trade him.... realistic.
That is it. How can an organization take the stand that they have and made the moves that they have but be unwilling to take the haul that they would get back for him.

It's like, "you are the just the QB and do not get to have a say in moves and what we do as a front office, but you are so indispensable that we won't trade you for a king's ransom even though we have already drafted your replacement".

Makes no sense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rodgers is being a big baby.

Maybe that's true. But Green Bay thinking they can force him to play for them is pretty stupid.

They need to be looking for the best trade they can get, because that is the only way this situation is going to be resolved.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently several Packers players have approached management asking them point blank either fix this so Aaron stays or trade him and then trade me too.

So at least for now it appears at least some of the players support Rodgers on this stance.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rodgers doesnt want the GM fired and all you need to know about the situation is their draft history for the last 10 years.... first round was 9 defense and 1 offense (QB Jordan Love). The packers management is dumb as a box of rocks. you keep the star QB happy and its not that hard! mix in some early offensive picks.

they were 1 drive away from the Superbowl last year and they did jack poo in free agency to improve? yeah I'd bounce if I was Aaron.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave