OT: Revis Retiring

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

The best cornerback in the league discussion, when it comes to Patrick Peterson, will be much like the Larry Fitzgerald discussion, and I hope has the same result. A lot of different players said to be the best in the game at different points throughout a certain generation of players, but always compared to Peterson.

In the end, with all the "_____ is a better receiver than Larry Fitzgerald" it was always compared to Larry Fitzgerald though out the years. Thus the best wide receiver in the NFL when looking at the generation Fitzgerald played with, is Fitzgerald, but every year a different guy was said to be better...... for that one year.

I do not think Peterson is at that level yet, but we will see when we look back at his career. Peterson is a phenomenal talent, but there are some other incredible cornerbacks in the league right now as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There was a 4-5 year stretch when Revis was absolutely insane but his peak didn’t last last. I think winning a SB with the Patriots will help his HOF chances.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh your crazy if you think he's not a hall of famer this guy was a stud for 7-8 years and maybe the best defensive player in football for about 3 of those years.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Oh your crazy if you think he's not a hall of famer this guy was a stud for 7-8 years and maybe the best defensive player in football for about 3 of those years.
I heard on Sirius NFL today that many of the guys that have been in the business for a long time aren’t sure he will get in either.

Bottom line stats matter for a DB

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard on Sirius NFL today that many of the guys that have been in the business for a long time aren’t sure he will get in either.

Bottom line stats matter for a DB

Peter King who pretty much heads up the hall of fame selectors committee says he's a lock.

Numbers don't tell the story of corner backs they don't get big INT numbers or lots of tackles because the really great ones don't even get challenged.

And Revis was great