OT reduced from 15 min to 10. Why??!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So the idiots in New York who can't seem to quit tinkering with NFL rules decided at some point in the last year or two (?) to chop the max OT period time from 15 minutes down to 10. What exactly did they think they were accomplishing or improving by doing this?

It wound up costing the Cards a potential W today, because they would have gotten the ball back again. I have NO idea what these guys were thinking when making this change, or most of the other stupid changes (like challenging judgment calls by the refs) they've made in recent years. Frustrated.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
So the idiots in New York who can't seem to quit tinkering with NFL rules decided at some point in the last year or two (?) to chop the max OT period time from 15 minutes down to 10. What exactly did they think they were accomplishing or improving by doing this?

It wound up costing the Cards a potential W today, because they would have gotten the ball back again. I have NO idea what these guys were thinking when making this change, or most of the other stupid changes (like challenging judgment calls by the refs) they've made in recent years. Frustrated.

I was wondering the same thing. The NFL was nearly perfect in the early 2000’s. Other than focusing on concussion protocol, they have made nothing but poor decisions

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's all about player safety and the amount of snaps they play in a year. Since OT doesn't happen all that often and when it does who wins is more about luck then skill then I do not care enough to get enraged about this new rule.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
100%. They wanted to reduce ties but then made ties more likely with a shorter OT. Makes no sense

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA