OT: R.I.P. Jim Brown (1936-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I find the accolades for Jim Brown interesting considering the long discussion on Matt Araiza, the punter. Brown was arrested 6 times for domestic violence, 40 years between the first and last time. He was never charged for alleged rape and allegedly throwing a woman off of a balcony, because the victims refused to testify. The are many verified stories of Brown's sexual violence toward women.

Brown was a great football player, a poor actor, and did a lot for social justice. He was not a great human being.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I find the accolades for Jim Brown interesting considering the long discussion on Matt Araiza, the punter. Brown was arrested 6 times for domestic violence, 40 years between the first and last time. He was never charged for alleged rape and allegedly throwing a woman off of a balcony, because the victims refused to testify. The are many verified stories of Brown's sexual violence toward women.

Brown was a great football player, a poor actor, and did a lot for social justice. He was not a great human being.
Yep. we all have warts. Some of us more than others. I believe Brown had an anger issue. That was his crutch. Hopefully he learned to overcome that later in life.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
One of my teachers is HS (Tommy Vaughn) played CB for the lions during the Vietnam era. He said Jim was the hardest player ever (“hard to bring down”).

I really don’t give 2 ish’s what Jim did off the field/away from football (tell me someone touched children, and I sing a vastly different tune). Many generations of players have said he is the greatest RB of all time. Hard for me to argue. I’ll take their word for it.

Dude lived a really long life considering his history. RIP Great One.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
One of the very last of my childhood greats that had not died yet. Death is now looking for my contemporaries. Oops, that means me!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of my teachers is HS (Tommy Vaughn) played CB for the lions during the Vietnam era. He said Jim was the hardest player ever (“hard to bring down”).

I really don’t give 2 ish’s what Jim did off the field/away from football (tell me someone touched children, and I sing a vastly different tune). Many generations of players have said he is the greatest RB of all time. Hard for me to argue. I’ll take their word for it.

Dude lived a really long life considering his history. RIP Great One.

So nothing to say about 'beating' the mother of said children, I see.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So nothing to say about 'beating' the mother of said children, I see.
Good point. Many other great athletes and celebrities have been ripped for their behavior and not automatically remembered with rose colored glasses for their achievements. Bobby Hull is a recent example, but there are many many others.

I think Jim brown the football player was great, probably greatest RB ever. and he was an icon off the field as well. It was a different era then. And maybe he got away with things then that he wouldn’t today(but then again maybe not because domestic violence still happens and people get away with it).

if Jim brown did some of the alleged things that have been reported, then he is a terrible person in my opinion. that type of violence against another person is absolutely insane in my opinion. And that behavior should be ripped whether you like the guy or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose