OT: R.I.P. Bud Grant (1927-2023)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Passed away today at 95 years old. Great coach, always a bridesmaid never the bride. 0-4 in Super Bowls but won 4 Grey Cups in Canada.

R.I.P. Coach.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Passed away today at 95 years old. Great coach, always a bridesmaid never the bride. 0-4 in Super Bowls but won 4 Grey Cups in Canada.

R.I.P. Coach.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35835975/bud-grant-led-vikings-4-super-bowls-hof-career-dies
RIP Coach. He was a hard nosed former marine I believe. Tough as nails. Vikings would earn home field advantage in the playoffs & it was tough to beat them in the freezing cold of Metropolitan Stadium. And it seemed like they would always play a warm city team like the Rams in the NFC Championship game. Once they lost that advantage, they were very beatable. And they lost to some GREAT teams of the late 60’s & early 70’s in the SB……Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, and Dolphins.

OP
OP
TRW

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RIP Coach. He was a hard nosed former marine I believe. Tough as nails. Vikings would earn home field advantage in the playoffs & it was tough to beat them in the freezing cold of Metropolitan Stadium. And it seemed like they would always play a warm city team like the Rams in the NFC Championship game. Once they lost that advantage, they were very beatable. And they lost to some GREAT teams of the late 60’s & early 70’s in the SB……Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, and Dolphins.
I loved the "old days" of Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay playing in the mud and snow. No domes back then. Coach Grant was a tough old bird, no doubt about it.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
RIP. He coached some great teams.

He was also legendary for his garage sales where he would refuse to haggle. If someone offered less than the tag he would tell them to “Take a walk”.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
RIP .... I always loved to watch him on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. He was a tough boss toward Mary, Murray, and Ted.