OT: Question on travel to the Texans game.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
My family and I are looking to travel to AZ to take in the Texans game. Are there any good hotels near the stadium, what airport do you fly into, sites to see, eating places, etc. Any info would be appreciated! I am pumped!!:D

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
fly into Sky Harbor in Phoenix, im not too sure about Hotels near the stadium, it varies based on how much you want to spend. There is a hotel literally right next to the stadium that is fairly new but I completely forget the name of it. The Giants stayed there before the Super Bowl im pretty sure though.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Springhill Suites is one exit from the stadium and is nice and affordable

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Also plenty of dining options within walking distance of those hotels as well.

As for sites to see, there really are none, at least big attractions unless you feel like driving. Not sure if your a golfer or not but October golfing is about as good as it gets in AZ. Its October and there is always a haunted house called "Fear Farm" within a few miles away. Never been but its supposed to be huge. Same exact facility is a paint ball place to if you into that sort of thing. There is a brand new big water park within an easy driving distance callend WetnWild that will still be open weekends in October. If you will be here by Thursday night you could always go to the Bertrand Berry Big Red Rage radio show at a bar that a lot of cards fans go to(assuming he will still have a radio show this year) If you never been to the stadium before they do public tours all the time for like 5 bucks - http://www.universityofphoenixstadium.com/index.php?page=tours

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am comign out there for that game. Booked my flight and hotel on Travelocity (three night stay + flight) $500. Residence Inn is the hotel. Supposedly about a 10 -15 minute walk to the stadium.

John

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, The Renassance (Marriott) is the closest to everything and probably the nicest. There is also a Staybridge Suites that we have stayed at, right by Cabelas. Other options are a Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express, both within walking distance. There may be a couple other but I can't recall.

OP
OP
Twist18

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
I think I will try travelocity. Priceline was a little out of the league but will check Saturday to see about tickets.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Hampton Inn. New, but overpriced. Course, I stayed there for the NFC championship game, so it may have had higher rates. Easy, easy walking distance. You also get the obligatory free bagel and cream cheese

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson