OT - Peyton fans the flames

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Get me an email address and I will set him up a portal with automatic searches today. What criteria should I use for the home search? Send the email address in PM.

Funny thing is I have been sending Fitz weekly reminders to call Peyton and recruit him here to Az on Twitter.

LOL no response but thats they beauty of Twitter. You know he reads em.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id assume he gets tweeted 1k times a day and spends 10 mins tops per day reading them so probably not.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Trust me, I would pay Peyton that much too if he were in his mid-20s and had a clean bill of health.

Today, one simple hit could send him back to the surgeon.

Playing scared TJ! Take big swings to hit home runs. One thing I pointed out to my cousin yesterday was prior to this neck injury, Peyton was on like a 200 game streak of playing. So its not like he is injury prone.

* in Johnny Cochran Voice*

If the neck brace doesn't fit, then Peyton is it!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No different than kolb :)

Can't argue with that, or any other player in the NFL for that matter.

Just think Peyton's 3 operations on the neck are cause for concern.

p.s. have you seen Peyton's neck? He looks like a giraffe!

You must be registered for see images

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
id assume he gets tweeted 1k times a day and spends 10 mins tops per day reading them so probably not.

Well he picks and chooses ones he RT's so you know he is reading a good portion of them. You would probably be surprised on how many direct tweets he gets a day. I have been replied to people with hundreds of thousands of followers before so i dont think its unlikely he has at least seen it. Not thathe is going to create a firestorm and respond though.

Twitter is a beautiful thing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Playing scared TJ! Take big swings to hit home runs. One thing I pointed out to my cousin yesterday was prior to this neck injury, Peyton was on like a 200 game streak of playing. So its not like he is injury prone.

* in Johnny Cochran Voice*

If the neck brace doesn't fit, then Peyton is it!

1. Your cousin is a Seahawk fan. His perspective is not welcome on this forum :D
  2. 3 surgeries on his elongated neck changes that perception
  3. Love the Cochran reference :raccoon:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
  1. Your cousin is a Seahawk fan. His perspective is not welcome on this forum :D
  2. 3 surgeries on his elongated neck changes that perception
  3. Love the Cochran reference :raccoon:

Man I really should be working but I have gone to bed at night thinking of Peyton in Az, thinking about it work, and even see his face when I pick up my baby girl at this point.

Safe to say I am obssessed with this idea. Cannot WAIT for it to happen :)

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have been quoted - to me it is a quote worthy of being caught with your pants down so it was worthy.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's tweeted he gets over 1,000 a day and reads them all. He re-tweets a lot of pictures of kids in #11 Jerseys. I'd find a cute kid, put him in a Fitz jersey, give him a sign that says "We want Manning to Fitz" and send that.

BTW: Waiting to see if Fitz has a "Free Hawaii Trip" coming up. Last year he and Marcus had a contest on Twitter and two fans got a free trip to the Pro Bowl.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess i havent figured out how to work twitter or how it works.

I have one follower and noticed my account got hacked and posted starbucks gift cards tho. Good to see the hackers know who to hit

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't argue with that, or any other player in the NFL for that matter.

Just think Peyton's 3 operations on the neck are cause for concern.

p.s. have you seen Peyton's neck? He looks like a giraffe!

That neck is also required to hold up that big Herman Munster head of his. No easy task.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I never thought my retirement would be announced by 'Soda Pop' Curtis."

:biglaugh:

Damn, I love our new quarterback. Always have.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always watched the colts happily because of manning.

think of our team on this years madden, finally a roster update worth buying.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what Manning's selection criteria is going to be. I would have to think a shot at a Super Bowl would be pretty high on the list and I'm sure that money is going to be a big part of that as well. The money part is my biggest worry about him joining the Cards. Everything else is really speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on a team that wasn't even in the conversation right now.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I hate to say it but why wouldn't SF be a strong possibility for Manning, if not the best? Because of Alex Smith? No way they pass on Manning esp after Smith's performance in the NFC Championship.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it but why wouldn't SF be a strong possibility for Manning, if not the best? Because of Alex Smith? No way they pass on Manning esp after Smith's performance in the NFC Championship.

Kyle Williams. Playing outdoors. Cost of living. Less golf. No Larry.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Heres why it wouldnt be the case:

1) Harbaugh just bought himself multiple years. They drafted Kapernick. You can bet the QB after Alex Smith would be a young guy Harbaugh can groom

2) Alex Smith didnt have a great championship game but he played well all season and its reasonable to believe he'll improve with more time with Harbaugh. I don't see him going anywhere for the forseeable future. I dont think the Niners are going to let him go after what a good soldier he has been

3) They have bad WR's and old RB's. Vernon Davis would be nice.

4) Harbaugh espouses a ball control running attack offense. Peyton doesn't fit that and he wouldn't want that anyway.

5) Play outside in windy poor conditions. People say this isn't a big deal and its not the forzen tundra, but Peyton is a shoot out QB and has played indoors his whole career. Why would he go outside now if he had a choice?

6) They rightfully will believe they don't need him. They were a couple punt return snafus from going to the Super Bowl without him. Doesnt make sense to commit financially to Peyton and be exposed to the risk when their perception is they aren't far away.

The most important points are the 49ers/Smith and his career renaissance and the offense and the way its designed.

Now that the 49ers didnt go to the Super Bowl, them having the season they did might be the best thing for us long term actually. Now A) They have no shot/need at Luck B) will not make wholesale changes because they we so close and the sentiment will be to bring this team back for another run C) and now they will talk themselves to Alex Smith long term.

That last one is my favorite part. Smith improved greatly this year but he still doesnt scare me by any stretch. To me it was ALL coaching.

If Harbaugh got a Luck or Peyton type QB? We might as well just switch divisions. Looks like what happened this year will mistakenly (IMO) cause them to stay the course.

I also think the fact that 49ers had such resounding success will be the spur the Cardinals need to say "we got to go all in to compete" and Kolb likely wont cut it. I.E. lets go for the big upgrade under center.

And if we get Manning.....well they are going to regret that decision.

We NEED Peyton to combat the 49ers going forward. Jim Harbaugh is not going to get dumb over night and we need to make a game changing move this offseason.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There are no flames. legs, smoke, or anything to this story until Shane says so :D.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

Man if Peyton gets cut...madness will ensue.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dear Peyton,

First, how's your neck?

Just fine? Great to hear.

Kurt moved to North Scottsdale. I've been by his new place and there are 'For Sale' signs in the neighborhood. It will be a quick walk to Casa Warner to learn the offense. You will be very happy here. Your new best friend is named Larry. You'll enjoy working with him.

See you soon!

Dems

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still don't think we will get him regardless of all the media hoopla & this board thinking he's basically already a Redbird. I'm thinking Manning either will not be cleared medically or he just retires...we'll see.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Dear Peyton,

First, how's your neck?

Just fine? Great to hear.

Kurt moved to North Scottsdale. I've been by his new place and there are 'For Sale' signs in the neighborhood. It will be a quick walk to Casa Warner to learn the offense. You will be very happy here. Your new best friend is named Larry. You'll enjoy working with him.

See you soon!

Dems

You are THE BEST, Dems!