OT: Other games 12-11-22

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFL is so weird this year. On top of the injuries they already had, the Chargers are missing Derwin James & their other starting safety too. And yet, the explosive Miami offense can’t do squat.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's amazing to see the sideline transformation of Steve Wilks....he looked so clueless and lifeless in AZ and now I see him roaming up and down, looking confident...like he knows exactly what he's doing.
Everyone wanted him gone instead of giving him a chance to figure things out. He looked terrible here but clearly he learned some things and is applying them. Better than the clown the Cards have right now

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL refs are comedy gold. One play they throw a screen and they call the Chargers for having linemen(2 of them) downfield early. On the VERY NEXT PLAY they run a screen to Ekeler where the replay shows Zion Johnson, one of the 2 guys on the last play, 8 yards downfield when the ball is thrown and he's the one that gets Ekeler down to the half yard line and they score on the next play. Same exact thing 2 plays in a row once it's a penalty, once it's not.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the announcer actually say on live tv Chargers fans are thinking they picked the wrong QB and should have picked Tua? First off, Tua was picked BEFORE the Chargers picked. Second, as good as Tua has been this year, so far Herbert is MUCH better. Playing with a beat up OL and WR's injured much of the year, and him personally having broken ribs he's got 1 less TD pass, more yardage. Tua has been great this year but I think Hill and Waddle would make lots of guys look great.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Everyone wanted him gone instead of giving him a chance to figure things out. He looked terrible here but clearly he learned some things and is applying them. Better than the clown the Cards have right now
I had no trouble with Wilks the man, but that team was totally unwatchable. Perhaps the worse Cardinals' team I have ever seen. Props to him and wish him well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I had no trouble with Wilks the man, but that team was totally unwatchable. Perhaps the worse Cardinals' team I have ever seen. Props to him and wish him well.
Yes, Wilks was the worst Cardinal HC I had seen since 64. And no one was even close. I don’t care what he does in Carolina. It won’t last. He’s awful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I officially want to quit ff with deebo going out. I've lost Goedert, Breece Hall, Kupp, Deebo, and Higgins. That's ridiculous.
Every single starter I drafted this year missed multiple games except my QBs. And both of them (threw 39 and 43 TDs last year) forgot how to play football this year (Brady and Rodgers).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude had Bradford and Rosen for the whole year. Not saying he is anything special as a coach but Bidwill definitely let him be the fall guy when most of that seasons issues lay with Keim.

Did you just excuse Wilks performance as head coach by pointing out he had terrible quarterback play to contend with?

You must be registered for see images

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know what to tell you if you want to compare Rosen/Bradford to Kyler.

I didn't do that though did I.

Just pointing out that it's weird you think Kyler's woes are on Kliff but Wilk's woes were on the QB's he had.

Also, there is a difference between being bad and playing bad. Which is what is so frustrating about Kyler. I know he's far more capable than how he is playing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to advanced stats Tua was 7-20, 35% with a "clean pocket" last night. But only 1/3 of his targets were to "open receivers". Last week that number was almost 2/3 in the loss to the 49ers, so even though statistically he had a much better game against the 49ers than he did last night the argument is the CHargers defense was responsible for his bad game last night and he was responsible for his poor game the week before(take away the garbage stats and he was terrible against SF).

One of the interesting points is that it appears Tua WAS at fault for that too. He has gotten so used to WR's being wide open that he just assumed with the guys the Chargers had missing, his guys would be open. So repeatedly he went to the LOS seeing a defense that clearly should have made him audible to the run, or at least another pass play, but just ran the play because they've been open all year so why not now. Apparently at several points in the game the coaches were calling run plays trying to get the Chargers defense to pay for keying on the passes over the middle so much, but Tua kept throwing the ball.

This has apparently been going on for weeks, they said last night that he hadn't run the ball himself once in almost 4 games, they assumed it was related to his concussions but it has been carrying over to just handing the ball off too, he's been throwing the ball when the run is there for weeks because he assumed they'd be open.

Kind of interesting because in the game they kept talking about how good he is at reading the defense and how Warner said he anticipates as well as any QB in the league. Apparently his own coaches don't think that's true, at least not of late.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose