gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't get Garropollo'd in week 2 if he does not play

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Luck ended up retiring.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't get Garropollo'd in week 2 if he does not play

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Two things: Luck hasn't even practiced yet. hard time seeing him practicing for just a week and then playing

Week 1 is when you get surprised by backup QBs: an entire offseason to install new things and steal one.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Luck scratched vs. Rams. Bets for him playing against AZ in Week 2?
I'd say not good. They traded away a former first round pick receiver for Jacoby Brissett of the Patriots. I don't think you make that move if you think Luck is back in a couple of weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is out until week 5-8, and THEN they'll see what happens. If he can't come back favorably by then, he probably can't the whole season.

I completely stayed away from him in fantasy. Too much unknown. I don't want to draft any QB that may play 1 to 10 games this season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he is out until week 5-8, and THEN they'll see what happens. If he can't come back favorably by then, he probably can't the whole season.

If that is the case, why not just put him on the PUP list?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that is the case, why not just put him on the PUP list?

That was part of my thinking.

6 weeks mandatory (up to 5 weeks to practice before being taken off). But now they can try to get him earlier, but likely not by much.

It's just one of those things. They trade for a QB, because Luck isn't close to ready, yet they think (or hope) he can attempt a comeback before pup rules(6+ up to 5). My guess is week 5-8.

Whether he can hack it at that point is anyone's guess. He may not be able to.

This whole situation just stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What's wrong with him? What kind of injury does he have?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also from what I remember hearing they want him to regain (and build up more then ever) strength in the shoulder so it doesn't happen again. But that doesn't always work. They are being extra cautious, and I'm not sure how much of a difference an extra two to three months will do.

It just seems to me that if they can't get it right this time, it might be an issue that plagues him the rest of his career.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Luck wont see the field before mid october. Colts brass wants him at 100% before he plays again so he does not have to deal with any nagging issues.
smart move...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can't beat that Luckless Colts squad, might as well just call it a season at that point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Home opener for the Colts after being embarrassed vs another early start road game possibly without DJ. I'm interested what the line will be.