OT: Niners lost another starting CB for year now signing Kirkpatrick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Another out for the season.

Mostert is another player I'd never draft in fantasy and the Niners are dumb for relying on to start.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Considering the rookie showed well in his absence and they drafted a rb in the third round, were they really “relying on him?”

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked him up Sunday morning right before the games started, in a 12-team, 23-man roster Dynasty league... for $0. Thanks, Adam Schefter.
Brutal

Attachments

• 10B7B168-2841-4446-8886-A5D52FB36BEB.png
    10B7B168-2841-4446-8886-A5D52FB36BEB.png
    913.1 KB · Views: 6

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Am I the only one finding it weird that two posters who downplayed other posters concern about signing oft-injured players are now poo-pooing the niners for doing same?
No....I'm talking about the inconsistencies. You have the same people worrying about injuries who fawn over the Niners and overlook how many guys they have with MASSIVE injury histories.

Even then...Jason Verrett has an injury history greater than ANY player the Cardinals are relying on. Its apples and tuna fish at that point.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, haha. But Aiyuk's a bit of a killer. I have him in the same dynasty league, and have three shares of him across my six leagues.
You know you’re having major issues when you are benched for Trent Sherfield.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree here. They did rely on Verrett but not Masterton. They won't really miss a beat with Masterton out.

I don't think that's true. Because of Mostert's speed there are specific plays designed to take advantage of that. Such as the one that clowned Simmons last year.

As a between the tackles runner, maybe not, but in Shanny's scheme there more he does with Mostert that's off the table now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't get the RB of course and am now actually debating Aiyuk do I cut him and pick up Hasty as a stash RB or do I keep Aiyuk in case he gets healthy? I actually like Aiyuk but with him being hurt and used so sparingly it's a concern.

Game 1 obviously Deebo was the Wr to have on that team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't get the RB of course and am now actually debating Aiyuk do I cut him and pick up Hasty as a stash RB or do I keep Aiyuk in case he gets healthy? I actually like Aiyuk but with him being hurt and used so sparingly it's a concern.

Imagine already losing Verrett and Mostert and relying on Deebo to stay healthy as your WR1 and Jimmy G as your QB1 :eek:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

According to what I posted the team is down on Aiyuk and benched him his weekend in favor of Sherfield? Is that not accurate?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to what I posted the team is down on Aiyuk and benched him his weekend in favor of Sherfield? Is that not accurate?

no idea he's had a hamstring injury for weeks. Shanahan said it was a no brainer as he hadn't been healthy and had missed time and Sherfield was better than the competition was last year.

I don't know that it means the whole season though/

Aiyuk is a better player than Hasty but with Mostert out you have to weigh the odds now who's more likely to become the starter due to injury, Hasty behind a rookie RB, or Aiyuk behind an injury prone Deebo, and maybe Sherfield?

I think for now I keep Aiyuk.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think that's true. Because of Mostert's speed there are specific plays designed to take advantage of that. Such as the one that clowned Simmons last year.

As a between the tackles runner, maybe not, but in Shanny's scheme there more he does with Mostert that's off the table now.
Uh, every team has specific plays designed to take advantage of specific skill sets of specific players. That’s a faaaaar cry from “relying on” as was proven when mostert’a backup trucked for 100 yards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose