OT: Niners lost another starting CB for year now signing Kirkpatrick

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dre Kirkpatrick….. To replace Jason Verrett…..

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol put nuk on dre and let nuk get tds :)

Hate the 49ers so as a cards fan so eh

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler gonna throw it 55 times vs the Niners

I have all the sympathy for Verrett, that dude has had a tough run but I have none for the Niners. It was dumb to rely on a guy with that injury history to stay healthy and be your #1 CB. Literally everyone could see this coming except Lynch and Shanny.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler gonna throw it 55 times vs the Niners

I have all the sympathy for Verrett, that dude has had a tough run but I have none for the Niners. It was dumb to rely on a guy with that injury history to stay healthy and be your #1 CB. Literally everyone could see this coming except Lynch and Shanny.
This.

When our fans were going crazy about all of the question marks on our roster (especially at corner), a few of us pointed out that the Seahawks and Niners had just as many question marks about their corners as the Cardinals did.

Kirkpatrick is a better player than most of us think though. Look at his passer rating allowed.....he gave up an 80.1 QB Rating last year according to profootballreference.com

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This.

When our fans were going crazy about all of the question marks on our roster (especially at corner), a few of us pointed out that the Seahawks and Niners had just as many question marks about their corners as the Cardinals did.

Kirkpatrick is a better player than most of us think though. Look at his passer rating allowed.....he gave up an 80.1 QB Rating last year according to profootballreference.com
He's touchy on PI calls but correct, Kirkpatrick is more than serviceable and then you have to take into account he has played against Kyler in practice and has at least some knowledge of this tendencies

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another out for the season.

Mostert is another player I'd never draft in fantasy and the Niners are dumb for relying on to start.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another out for the season.

Mostert is another player I'd never draft in fantasy and the Niners are dumb for relying on to start.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Said that on Sunday it looked like a season ender. I'm picking up the kid that got 100 after Mostert got hurt, if someone else doesn't get him ahead of me on waiver priority.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Said that on Sunday it looked like a season ender. I'm picking up the kid that got 100 after Mostert got hurt, if someone else doesn't get him ahead of me on waiver priority.
I’m trying but I’m sure EVERYONE IS

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostert looked a star when healthy (which is 25% of the time). Who their starting RB?

Elijah Mitchell got 100 and a TD after mostert got hurt so he's probably the starter. JaMychal Hasty and now the other rookie Trey Sermon are in the mix. Mitchell not Sermon was active in week 1 despite Mitchell a 6th rounder and Sermon a 3rd.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying but I’m sure EVERYONE IS

Yeah I'm dead last in priority too I won and had the most points in week 1 so I have the last waiver so very unlikely I get him.

Might pick up Hasty if I can't get Mitchell, he'll get work too and he's good.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm dead last in priority too I won and had the most points in week 1 so I have the last waiver so very unlikely I get him.

Same exact boat

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Dang hate any injuries. But within the division I can stomach it some :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Snap. I'm not ever bothering with waivers. I'll see who's left after all done.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang hate any injuries. But within the division I can stomach it some :)

I really like Mostert I love the underdogs. UDFA signs with Philly, leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage in the preseason, averaged 37 yards per KO return too(5 returns) and. They cut him to PS, then Dolphins claim him off PS, 2 KOR then back to PS where, Ravens claim him. They send him to PS and Browns pick him up and he's their KOR the rest of the year. Signs a 1 year deal with Cleveland. They cut him, Jets sign him, they cut him, Bears sign him 2 games then PS, then 49ers sign him. Seven NFL teams in 2 years, sticks with the 49ers and eventually became a really good player, just can't stay healthy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This.

Am I the only one finding it weird that two posters who downplayed other posters concern about signing oft-injured players are now poo-pooing the niners for doing same?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose