OT: NFC championship Rams at Saints 1-20-19

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BullheadCardFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Just checked. 2012. 49ers won @ Atlanta and Baltimore won @ NE.

2. Cards_Campos

Cards_Campos Registered

That was the worst blown call I have ever seen. The Rams CB made that play so he wouldnt catch the ball. He didnt even play the ball. He litterally head first rocked a dude Who never saw him coming. Defender never looked around...never played any type of defense. And if you want to argue that...you are a moron. Because look at the video. Aftwr the play. The defender looked around 3 or 4 times almost waiting for a flag!!! He was out of position and didnt want dude to score a TD. in fact watch replay...he doesnt start celebrating for atleast 6 seconds after looking around the field.
    I hate ...like really hate when people use the defense of...well New Orleans didnt play well after half time. or they threw an INT here or should have passed here. That is Bulls#$t. that is every team in every game. you can find the whys or the what could haves. This isnt about that. This is about a call that is made 99 out of 100 all the way down to Pee Wee .. Saints won that game 98 out of 100... Rams defender ram straight at Lewis and had no idea where the ball was. Lewis was even coming back to the ball!!! It was as obvious a pass interference that probably ever had been ...and he took Lewis out....it had like 4 penalties in 1.

now saying that.....I dont care because New England has a much easier game against The Rams. Belichick wont lose to a newbie. Goff isnt going to tear up the Patriots. Saints had a veteran team with Breed. Patriots might win by 24

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  3. conraddobler

conraddobler I want my 2$

Yeah I was at that game and at the time everyone was like this is a mistake, Gannon was really hot, the only reason they did it was speculated to be the big contract Elvis had, I put that one on Peterson the GM myself but I've never heard who really made that call because you are right Marty said point blank that a QB should not lose their job due to injury which is a commendable honorable stance and yet it was really questioned hard at the time.

Timm Rosenbach likes this.
  4. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Rethinking this game the Saints. Kind of blew this game. They could have simply ran the ball 3 times forcing the Rams to use their last two time outs. Kick the fg and the Rams would have got the ball with about 45 seconds left and no time outs. That all gets lost with the blown call. But should the Saints have even been throwing the ball?

5. moklerman

moklerman Rise from the Ashes III

It's certainly debatable. Saints started that drive at their own 30 and got down to the 13 by passing 4 out of 5 times. They were being aggressive and going for the TD so the Rams couldn't tie it with a FG. I would say that it wasn't the play call that was bad but the execution. Brees throwing a worm killer at that moment made Payton look foolish but the call was fine. The receiver was open. It was just a bad throw from a guy who completed 75% of his passes this year.

6. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Can’t disagree with anything you’ve stated. I still question passing twice in that situation. If you watch the replay had the Ram player watched the ball he could conceivably had a pick 6.

7. Minski

Minski Registered

8. Fiasco

Fiasco Tyler Durden

[​IMG]