OT: Melo is gone from Houston

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D'Antoni is happy.

Carmelo Anthony’s brief stop with the Houston Rockets is over, league sources tell ESPN. Anthony will part ways with team, although there are no immediate plans to place 10-time All-Star on waivers. Team announcement is expected before Rockets play Golden State tonight.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns should not try to bring him in, but, in point of fact, there's no way he could be worse than Ariza.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the court, I don't think Melo would be worse than Ariza. In the locker room, he will likely be toxic. No thanks.

I can't wait to see him sign in LA. Lebron will bring him in. I thought Chris Paul might be able to keep him in line but apparently Paul being there didn't help much. Melo always seemed to have a positive relationship with other stars but he wore out his welcome in OKC with Westbrook and Paul George and now he's done the same in Houston with Chris Paul and James Harden. He will fit perfectly with Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, and Lonzo Ball. I wish there was an NBA reality show like Hardknocks on HBO because I would gladly pay to see the behind the scenes of the Lakers this year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melo was a nightmare in NY, OKC, and Houston. Why would anyone pay him money to play basketball?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melo was a nightmare in NY, OKC, and Houston. Why would anyone pay him money to play basketball?

It takes a LONG time to play your way out of the league when you've got a certain level of profile, be it a top pick or a collapsed star.

I guarantee there are lots of teams desperate and/or stupid enough to sign him.

He was the last thing a team like Houston should have brought in, they did so anyway. I'm sure some teams with less defined "systems" will look at Melo and think he's still got scoring pop.

Lakers, Heat, Kings, Wizards, Nets... IMO they will all sniff around him for the minimum.

Nets make the most sense, both as a gimmick and a team desperate for "talent", but I think Melo would lean towards Miami or LA if they offer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The media kills me there were so many talking heads acting like Melo was a huge gain for Houston before the season started.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There are dbags that I have to begrudgingly admit are good players. Russell Wilson with Seahawks comes to mind.

I've never thought Melo was that great because even with his great offensive game early in his career, he gave up almost as much on defense I fear that Booker might become Melo some day, minus the Dbag attitude.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my god please don't tell me this is why Ariza had "family" business to take of.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the court I think he is better than Ariza. In the locker room he would be a really really bad influence on the young guys on this team. Plus, IMO, there are certain guys in this league that simply are not winners. That is Melo.

Please no.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my god please don't tell me this is why Ariza had "family" business to take of.

No way should the Suns cut Ariza and pay his salary so he can play in Houston. That's borderline salary cap circumvention for the Rockets.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If we sign Melo, I am done paying attention for this year. It would be one of the stupidest Suns moves ever.
Come on. That not going to happen. Even if we were stupid enough to want him on our team, Melo himself wouldn't want to play here. We're terrible and we have a glut of players at his position.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on. That not going to happen. Even if we were stupid enough to want him on our team, Melo himself wouldn't want to play here. We're terrible and we have a glut of players at his position.
Just commenting on the wild possibility.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There are dbags that I have to begrudgingly admit are good players. Russell Wilson with Seahawks comes to mind.

I've never thought Melo was that great because even with his great offensive game early in his career, he gave up almost as much on defense I fear that Booker might become Melo some day, minus the Dbag attitude.
Booker is clearly a much more willing passer than Melo. The issue with Melo hasn't been that he is good on offense and bad on defense, but that he isn't a positive to his team on either end of the floor. His offensive numbers aren't obtained in a way that helps his team and he is bad on defense as well. Booker is a better shooter in general and his willingness to pass will mean that he will be a plus on offense and hopefully he also becomes at least close to neutral on defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson