OT: Marvin Lewis standing at the bus stop

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and throwing staff under the bus, and yet he keeps his job. Hiring and firing guys.

BTW, Andy Dalton benched.

Bengals reportedly fire defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, Marvin Lewis to take over playcalling duties

Austin's dismissal comes a year after the Bengals fired offensive coordinator Ken Zampese two games into the 2017 season

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...marvin-lewis-to-take-over-playcalling-duties/

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how to look it up but on the radio yesterday they said that Marvin Louis has a terrible record after by weeks as well which is pretty much unheard of.... yet still has a job.. lol

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don’t know how to look it up but on the radio yesterday they said that Marvin Louis has a terrible record after by weeks as well which is pretty much unheard of.... yet still has a job.. lol
Marvin Lewis has always been Jeff Fisher...with a lower ceiling! Higher floor I suppose but how many first round exits can a franchise endure?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many chances Brown keeps giving Lewis.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
And Dalton isn't the problem. Dalton didn't give up 51 points at home.
Dalton may not be "the" problem but he's not the solution either. Sort of a microcosm of the Bengals. He's just good enough to not be a liability but he isn't really going to advance the team either. Webster's definition of JAG = Andy Dalton.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marvin lewis is driving the bus cause he ll be part of the front office
Probably he saved his boss life some years a go

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dalton may not be "the" problem but he's not the solution either. Sort of a microcosm of the Bengals. He's just good enough to not be a liability but he isn't really going to advance the team either. Webster's definition of JAG = Andy Dalton.
But he doesn't deserve to be benched over 1 bad game.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
But he doesn't deserve to be benched over 1 bad game.
I don't think he's been benched, has he? They took him out of a blowout loss, which seems prudent to me. But even if he was benched, I think we've seen what Dalton can do and it doesn't seem like he's a next level QB. That team is never going to go deep into the playoffs or win it all with Dalton, will they?

Mediocre to solid regular season QB who drops off a cliff in the playoffs. In 4 playoff games he has 1 TD/6 INT and a 57.8 passer rating. After 8 full seasons, much like Lewis as the coach, I think they've shown what they are and that's not winner in the post season. I'd say it's past time to cut bait.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he's been benched, has he? They took him out of a blowout loss, which seems prudent to me. But even if he was benched, I think we've seen what Dalton can do and it doesn't seem like he's a next level QB. That team is never going to go deep into the playoffs or win it all with Dalton, will they?

Mediocre to solid regular season QB who drops off a cliff in the playoffs. In 4 playoff games he has 1 TD/6 INT and a 57.8 passer rating. After 8 full seasons, much like Lewis as the coach, I think they've shown what they are and that's not winner in the post season. I'd say it's past time to cut bait.
Someone posted that he got benched.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
On CBS, this morning they said Hue was actually working with Bengals defense...looks like he's doing a great job!

Browns up 14-0...Mayfield 11 of 14 for 152 and a TD, at the time of this post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On CBS, this morning they said Hue was actually working with Bengals defense...looks like he's doing a great job!

all he needed was more time.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Please Mike Brown, give Hue a chance...

Hahahahahahaha

You must be registered for see images attach