OT: JJ Watt released

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and none of these arguments are limited to JJ Watt. It is more about acquiring a player on the defense line who can win one-on-one matchups.

I'm not sure we want to resign Reddick then, or at least you would be gambling on him improving. I don't want to do the guy down because I'm pleased for him but unless we are going to play rookie or backup tackles every week I don't think you can bank on consistent performance from him (yet).

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sacks look great on the stat sheet but they aren't everything. Watt is consistently disrupting plays which is why his grade is still so high.
at least they are measurable, as are TFLs, QB hits. when I watched him play (like twice) last year, he seems almost invisible, and when I look at his stats it seems to say the same thing.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He won't go to Pittsburgh unless Roethlisberger is gone or takes less than half his salary cap hit for this season. Bank on it. Even then he might not be able to sign there, for cap issues.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was the most double teamed player in the league last year. Yes, even more than Aaron Donald. Health is the only (and biggest) concern for me.

But, he wants to go to a contender and will be too pricey for AZ IMO.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather pay Watt 4/15 than Reddick!
Nobody wants to pay Reddick 15 mio a year. 10 okay but 15.

Same goes for Watt, he isn't Aron Donald and he isn't making the line great alone. We need to spend whise and not flashy...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nobody wants to pay Reddick 15 mio a year. 10 okay but 15.

Same goes for Watt, he isn't Aron Donald and he isn't making the line great alone. We need to spend whise and not flashy...

Ha, nobody wants? Even at around 12 million per year, Reddick would be at barely top 30 in terms of annual average value for edge rushers. I'd still rather pay Watt.

I love how you use possibly the best all time interior lineman as your comparison, not the crap we currently run out there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Essentially, I believe a defensive line of...

JJ Watt
Jordan Phillips

Larry Ogunjobi (my #3 preferred FA acquisition)
Leki Fotu
Rashard Lawrence

Maybe a 2 mil deal for Corey Peters

...would be the best group I have seen in a while.

Which would prioritize a different type of secondary than we are used to, but you could still get a decent one.

This along with Chandler Jones, Reddick, Simmons and Hicks would be a pretty good group. That doesn't take in Golden on a team friendly deal (at least 1st year) and Gardeck in a part-time role.
Two to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose