OT: James Harden trade details

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Brian in Mesa, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:47 PM.

1. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

In his last season, Jamal Crawford=Team. What good did that do us?

2. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Well guess we will see what kind of coach nash is see if he can manage all those superstars on same team

Hope nash succeeds as a coach he is my all time sun!! Along with Barkley

3. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

I think Harden and KD are going to be great together. Kyrie is the wildcard, but I’m expecting him to run the 2nd unit more so. Nets will be stupid dangerous if the big 3 play remotely unselfish.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  4. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

theoretically they should go all the way. i don't recall 3 superstars of their caliber, still in their prime playing together. It doesn't matter much who the rest of the crew is --just about any NBA players should be able to perform their rolls well with defenses trying to contend with those 3.

i don't know anything about their own defense though. and theoretically only one player can shoot at a time.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  5. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I disagree. Miami and Golden State have both featured far better rosters and that is just in the last decade.

As other have mentioned... there is only 1 ball. I think this that roster is more likely to end in catastrophe than glory. Kyrie is a toxic nut case who doesn't seem to care all that much and doesn't play defense and has constantly been injured, Harden is toxic... also doesn't play defense, Durant... I am not going to call him toxic but he certainly is a big ol bitch. Their depth just got crapped on, their defense was already sketchy and they traded some of their best defenders.

My guess is that they play chummy for most of the year, get waxed by some team with a more balanced roster in the playoffs, then things go full soap opera and by this time next year people are talking about which one of them needs to be traded.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 2:44 AM
  6. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

What?

Huh?

Really?

For salary reasons or something?

To be honest, I thought Exum had played his way out of the league and I've never even heard of this other dude. The Rockets GM was playing hard ball to make sure he locked up some below replacement level players?

7. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

indeed those 3 have to stay healthy and, together, their minds are even more likely to fail then their bodies

8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Exum is out due to injury for 1-2 months. He is on an expiring contract.

9. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

A guy on the UCLA board I read made the point that they're likely only on the court together 20 to 25 percent of the time. But if they do the rotations right they will almost always have 2 of the 3 on the court(assuming Kyrie comes back). So the scoring ability for 2 guys always is pretty unique.

Durant with the Warriors was a much better defender, so far I don't see it with the nets but he may not be 100% healthy yet. Kyrie and Harden don't play D as you said.

As a Warrior fan my hope is that they decide they need to change something else and try to move Joe Harris. Harris is actually the perfect player for them plays defense, great shooter, team guy, but I'm hoping they don't see that and then hopefully the Warriors get involved he'd be the perfect guy to fit in with the Warriors IMO.

Sucker them into an Oubre for harris deal.

I just feel like Kyrie is at a crossroads in his career, he can either go Dennis Rodman and be a crazy guy who plays, or he can go off the rails and ruin his career. He has to be careful. If he's legitimately sitting out over what happened at the Capitol and what it says about treatment of whites vs blacks I can support that, but it can't go on for too long, his team is going to need him eventually.

Mainstreet likes this.
  10. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I was listening to Adrian Wojnarowski yesterday on video and at the end, after discussing the three players (Durant, Irving and Harden), he said something to the effect that the Nets can count on Durant and Harden going forward. He was not excluding Kyrie, the Nets hope he will buy-in, but it sounded like those were the two base players because Harden wants to be there.

If anyone goes, I think it's Irving.

11. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

That's the first I heard Kyrie was sitting out because of what happened at the capitol. I think that's an excuse since he's been filmed at a few family gatherings. I also thought he was missing games prior to the capitol mess.

I remember him saying he planned on retiring early and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make it through this year, or this year is his last. He seems so disinterested.

12. Russ Smith

It was being speculated I don't think he's actually said why he's not there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamza...sion-in-jacob-blake-shooting/?sh=16cd05d512ea

13. Russ Smith

On Kyrie I think we're overthinking it. Maybe he literally fell off the earth, walked too far and fell off.

14. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

I could see this. He's made $158.5M not including endorsements and acting money. He's had a very good career and won a NBA title so there really isn't anything more he has to accomplish. He doesn't have that Lebron / Kobe / Michael drive to be the best so he probably feels he can walk away now and not bat an eye.

15. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Honestly hope nets dethrone the lakers

Be amazing to see nash win a ring as a hc since was unsble to as a sun

Still fing hate those stupid duncan teams :( and when duncan drained that 3 lol

Mainstreet likes this.