OT is Antonio Gibson going to get benched or traded?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several friends of mine live in Va or DC and are fans of the Commanders and apparently that's a big discussion point. i was a big Brian Robinson fan in college last year was one of my favorite RB's in the draft and apparently he's had an excellent camp and Gibson is potentially behind him and there's some speculation they might even be showcasing him for a trade.

Interesting guy my suspicion is they don't know what to do with him they thought he was going to explode last year and he didn't 1000 yards 4 ypc with a mediocre QB but he wasn't as good as they had hoped. HE played both RB and WR in college and I think they're seeing some of that pretty good at several things not great at any with him and Robinson is a better pure runner, more power.

Will be interesting to see his caphit is like 1.4 million. Definitely not a need for us but he would be interesting he's a talented receiver and he's got size.

I'd rather have Robinson and I said that all last year but would be interesting to see what sort of offers they get if they try to trade him.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibson over Conner? Literally based on what? His only advantage is age.

His consistent fumbling problem? Is that what you want?

0 fumbles as a rookie, 5 last year but of course once people figure out you fumble, they go for the ball.

I looked on a Washington fan site and they were all saying they think he's lost the job and the team should use him on KO returns and even punt returns or trade him before his value falls too far.

Really weird 24 years old, only a year older than Robinson the rookie.

I remember seeing him as a rookie and thinking many they got a steal, no wonder they gave up on Bryce Love getting healthy with this kid in the fold. But it appears they got down on him pretty quickly.

Kind of has a David Johnson feel to it without the big contract.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0 fumbles as a rookie, 5 last year but of course once people figure out you fumble, they go for the ball.

I looked on a Washington fan site and they were all saying they think he's lost the job and the team should use him on KO returns and even punt returns or trade him before his value falls too far.

Really weird 24 years old, only a year older than Robinson the rookie.

I remember seeing him as a rookie and thinking many they got a steal, no wonder they gave up on Bryce Love getting healthy with this kid in the fold. But it appears they got down on him pretty quickly.
Reports have said he’s fumbling in camp and the first PS game a fumble… been in dog house ever since.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reports have said he’s fumbling in camp and the first PS game a fumble… been in dog house ever since.

yeah I saw the fumble in the first game. What I read on the site was he hasn't been running "hard" in camp, didn't say fumbling just Rivera saying he stutter steps too much I want him to cut and go.

Will be interesting to watch what they do with him if he loses the job.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I saw the fumble in the first game. What I read on the site was he hasn't been running "hard" in camp, didn't say fumbling just Rivera saying he stutter steps too much I want him to cut and go.

Will be interesting to watch what they do with him if he loses the job.
He’s talented but if Rivera is willing to bench him and get rid of him that’s a huge red flag….

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a change of scenery changes players.

I'd only give a late round asset.
Your not benching your 10 million a year RB and giving up assets…. Why to create a possible controversy. Never happen.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s talented but if Rivera is willing to bench him and get rid of him that’s a huge red flag….

Yeah his issue is it's not like Rivera inherited him, Rivera Drafted him so if he's already giving up on him does make you wonder why.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose