OT: How to watch the Suns game this Saturday?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have been looking into this and here is what the options are.

For streaming its AT&T now - $80 a month - that's the only one.

You can get it through cox of course.

It is very very unlikely Youtube or Hulu are going to pick up the channels again because sinclair is going to offer them themselves - but they are not planning on having this service available till the start of baseball season - so don't count on this for this NBA season.

With league pass my understanding is games are blocked out live, but are available the next day. The other option is you can get a VPN and buy an international version of league pass with no blackouts - supposedly the India version is just $15 bucks - but I saw some comments the picture quality was not too good.

Streams like from the link above are the only other way to go which I have used before and are of not so great quality - but this is probably the option I will be going with at least to begin with. You can pull them up on your Ipad or phone and cast it to your TV is the best way I have found to use them.
I looked up Cox and the lowest I could get the TV package with FoxAZ is $94.00 a month. plus my internet on top of that!!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not for long. 5G is going to change everything. As soon as it's widely available nobody will want a satellite dish.
That's what I am reading too! 5G is the start, but eventually it will all be wireless.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked up Cox and the lowest I could get the TV package with FoxAZ is $94.00 a month. plus my internet on top of that!!

With everyone streaming the price of internet has to go up and so will the streaming services. We will soon be complaining about the prices like we did with satellite and cable.

Except everything will be really quick with 5G... beep, beep.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And that will be the "sales price". I had to quit Cox cable because they kept raising it until I was paying $250 per month for cable and internet. Just insane. So I switched to Hulu Live so I could save $100 a month and still watch the Suns. Now, Hulu got rid of FSAZ and is raising their prices by $10 per month.

I'd switch to AT&T, but they require a 1 year commitment, after which their rates balloon like Cox. And with my luck, they'd lose FSAZ and I'd be stuck with the year contract.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And that will be the "sales price". I had to quit Cox cable because they kept raising it until I was paying $250 per month for cable and internet. Just insane. So I switched to Hulu Live so I could save $100 a month and still watch the Suns. Now, Hulu got rid of FSAZ and is raising their prices by $10 per month.

I'd switch to AT&T, but they require a 1 year commitment, after which their rates balloon like Cox. And with my luck, they'd lose FSAZ and I'd be stuck with the year contract.
AT&T is saying on the website no annual contract needed! Cox is a one year contract!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
AT&T is saying on the website no annual contract needed! Cox is a one year contract!
AT&T is super expensive for the first year with no annual contract. With a contract signed it is like $60 a month for the first year and like $100 a month after the first year. Without a contract it would just be $100 a month from the start.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sorry. But while I love the Suns, I am just not going to pay those prices. None of that pricing is appropriate for the product.

You can buy season ticket plans substantially cheaper than paying to watch on TV. Its crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rab

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only linear channel I want to watch and am willing to pay for is FSAZ. I get all of the major broadcast channels needed for football for free via antenna and streaming has more tv series and movie content than I'll be able to watch in 10 lifetimes.

The only time I miss ESPN or FS1 is when they have an ASU football game on. I can get along with out it or if it's something I really want to watch I can use a free trial of a service or something.

Hopefully FSAZ, soon to be Bally's comes out with their app and over the top package soon. Even if it's pricey, I'll be able to share it with a buddy or two and it will be preferable to the now bloated live streaming packages that have become the cable packages they replaced aside from the hidden fees and device rentals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cox and all cable companies know their days are numbered. At this point they are trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of their customers while they can.

Between 5G and Elon Musk's Satelite Internet service, Internet prices will be dropping in a few years as well. It can't happen soon enough.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah adding TV would add and $101 to my current internet bill. My total Cox bill would be $189!!! I guess I'll be relying on Al McCoy to paint me a picture of the action if I tune in until the NBA and Sinclair can get their act together. Ratings will be in the toilet even more so because people literally can't watch the games even if they wanted to.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine that is from LA and is a Lakers fan (eww lol). We were talking about doing something where he would buy Suns league pass and I would buy Lakers league pass and then just swap log ins. I guess my question would be would it still be blacked out based on the location of where you log in? That’s about my only hope at this point if I want to watch games. I’m definitely not willing to go back to cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems stupid to geo block when buying tickets is not possible anyway. The NBA has given away the farm to outlets that are stifling their product.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine that is from LA and is a Lakers fan (eww lol). We were talking about doing something where he would buy Suns league pass and I would buy Lakers league pass and then just swap log ins. I guess my question would be would it still be blacked out based on the location of where you log in? That’s about my only hope at this point if I want to watch games. I’m definitely not willing to go back to cable.

No that wouldn't work. It's going to black out based on your IP. I bought the Suns package and I live in LA, but Laker games are still blacked out for me.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
No that wouldn't work. It's going to black out based on your IP. I bought the Suns package and I live in LA, but Laker games are still blacked out for me.
Damn, I figured it’d be too good to be true. Thanks for the info though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, I figured it’d be too good to be true. Thanks for the info though.

The way to do it if you want league pass is to buy the international league pass with a VPN. There are no blackouts for those.

You can get India for $15 bucks, or Mexico for like $90. You have to get a virtual credit card to pay for it - but there is video's on YouTube how to do it.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
The way to do it if you want league pass is to buy the international league pass with a VPN. There are no blackouts for those.

You can get India for $15 bucks, or Mexico for like $90. You have to get a virtual credit card to pay for it - but there is video's on YouTube how to do it.
That’s some real dedication but thanks for the heads up. I think I’ll just chill and catch whatever I can. Ah well.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am sorry. But while I love the Suns, I am just not going to pay those prices. None of that pricing is appropriate for the product.

You can buy season ticket plans substantially cheaper than paying to watch on TV. Its crazy.
Then add in $10 to $15 bucks to park at each game, then food and beverages, etc. Plus if you have three or four of you going, it's cheaper to pay $80 a month for At&T!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to cut the cord but then Direct TV came back with free Sunday Ticket, free HBO Max for a year, free premium channels, and a $150 gift card

So yeah watching on directv. And holy crap did that free HBO Max work out

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now I am reading that League Pass is blocking VPN’s.

well. I guess the NBA has finally finished me off. I will stop in from time to time and watch a few highlights here and there, but one of the things COVID has taught me is that I can live without the NBA. Meanwhile, not watching makes my observations here nearly pointless

When they get less greedy and offer a way to watch reasonably, I might be back. I think I will spend my extra time in the gym. It will be better for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rab

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I’ll let you guys know if VPNs stop working when my cousin wakes up lol. I’m in the Philippines and it’s about 50 bucks for just following the Suns and roughly 90 for all the teams.

I’ll have my cousin try logging in and see if he he can vpn to Philippines or Mexico with ExpressVpn.

My quality has always been good and always follow Fox Broadcasts when available.

Usually you have to try to find unpopular cities to connect to because I doubt that NBA can track every IP that Express is using when other services like Hulu, Disney can’t. I get blocked when using LA or San Fran but Seattle, Texas I can connect to everything for example.

BTW I use the Amazon Firestick and use ExpressVpn on it which has been fantastic to use for all the other streaming stuff.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

well. I guess the NBA has finally finished me off. I will stop in from time to time and watch a few highlights here and there, but one of the things COVID has taught me is that I can live without the NBA. Meanwhile, not watching makes my observations here nearly pointless

When they get less greedy and offer a way to watch reasonably, I might be back. I think I will spend my extra time in the gym. It will be better for me.

All the technology in the world and we cant even simply turn on the tube and watch a simple basketball game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know how someone can block a VPN because it shows a different IP address. With a VPN you can pretty much pick the location unless they are tracking the physical address where the payment is made.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't know how someone can block a VPN because it shows a different IP address. With a VPN you can pretty much pick the location unless they are tracking the physical address where the payment is made.
Maybe it is the VPN I use, but when I was in Bullhead City trying to VPN NBA Package, and it would not work, the tech worked for an hour on my account, and he kept saying, "We can't see you! Are you using a VPN?" Of course I said no. So after an hour I said just cancel this. They sent me to enrollment, and they told them I could not get it to work. So they refunded my money and cancelled the account. I used ipVanish.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave