OT: How to watch the Suns game this Saturday?

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hell I just wish I could listen on the radio out of town. Did a few years ago but now I believe you have to pay. I'll just watch the highlights on U-TUBE

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
absurd
with league pass still blacking out local games during the pandemic, $80 per month is the cheapest we can get to watch our local team.

Sinclair is blaming the online providers but it's mostly their own greed (they monopolized and corrupted local news across the country and their squeeze on local sports has been getting worse every year)

the days of cable tv are numbered. i've got more free viewing options than i can handle and soon enough everything will be available a-la-carte for Netflix-type fees, but instead of conceding and competing they're still working to milk every penny out of silly bundle subscriptions

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
absurd
with league pass still blacking out local games during the pandemic, $80 per month is the cheapest we can get to watch our local team.

Sinclair is blaming the online providers but it's mostly their own greed (they monopolized and corrupted local news across the country and their squeeze on local sports has been getting worse every year)

the days of cable tv are numbered. i've got more free viewing options than i can handle and soon enough everything will be available a-la-carte for Netflix-type fees, but instead of conceding and competing they're still working to milk every penny out of silly bundle subscriptions

Sinclair is supposedly working on a direct to consumer option for their Fox Sports, soon to be Bally's branded regional channels. Pricing will be interesting.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sinclair is supposedly working on a direct to consumer option for their Fox Sports, soon to be Bally's branded regional channels. Pricing will be interesting.

interesting indeed. i got like a hundred channels including FoxSportsArizona the year before last on Sling for $25.

and, btw, Amazon's getting in on the squeeze too with the Cards only on Prime this week

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I remember in the '70's when you could see only Suns road games on TV.

Never the home games. Despite attending 5 or 6 home games a year, it
was frustrating to never see them in their home uni's on TV.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish ESPN+ gave you access to basic ESPN but you need a tv sub to stream regular ESPN through their app. ESPN+ is actually a big disappointment overall. If it wasn't free with the Hulu/Disney bundle I wouldn't have it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. Thinking about breaking down and buying League Pass so I can at least watch road games, but I have a couple questions I cannot seem to get answers to.

1. Games that are on TNT or ESPN will still be blacke out I assume? Yes?
2. Are NBA TV games blacked out on League Pass? If that is the case, its the last straw--not doing it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ok. Thinking about breaking down and buying League Pass so I can at least watch road games, but I have a couple questions I cannot seem to get answers to.

2. Are NBA TV games blacked out on League Pass? If that is the case, its the last straw--not doing it.
Yes. Any game that isn't nationally televised will be available on League Pass. Any game that IS nationally televised will not. That includes NBA TV.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Broke down and bought it myself. Using a VPN to catch home games. Seems to work on NBA.com.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is anyone actually using a VPN? Experience?

somebody above said you can still watch suns road games on league pass without VPN, can somebody confirm? League pass website seems to say cant watch your local teams at all.

ive been using crackstreems which works well. Even have it going using the web browser on the xbox. Little bit of a pain but does work.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might as well just buy league pass plus nbatv and just watch home game highlights. I don’t know why I even bother with the NBA.

Jefans and crackstreams have been keeping me afloat

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
just canceled youtubeTV, high price and now games. i swear Sinclair and ATT are in it together.

I'll just stick to streaming games.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
just canceled youtubeTV, high price and now games. i swear Sinclair and ATT are in it together.

I'll just stick to streaming games.
I’d do the same if I wasn’t splitting the cost with my son. $32 is still worth it to me. Streaming games really isn’t bad once you figure it out. I just miss the DVR. I actually enjoy hearing the other team’s announcers occasionally.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not have TNT, and the game isn't on FSN tonight against the Lakers. How to get the game feed from TNT, and not there free 4 screen split TV with no commentary.