OT: Falcons LB Weatherspoon to hit open market

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
oy... Lisc Franc, ACL AND Achilles? That's a rash of different injuries. Depending on a guy who's body simply doesn't seem like it can take the pounding of the league seems questionable to me.

He just needs better shoes. :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
but will he even be healthy for that? When did he tear his achilles (I don't know the answer to this)? That's an 8-9 month recovery and even then, players seem to take more time to actually get back to serious game speed, if they ever do.

He tore it in preseason. Also, I think the plan is for him to play the SILB spot.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lotta "ifs" in this thread.. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling..

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He's been a wolb in a 4-3, I suspect he projects inside in the 3-4.

He can run (at least he used to). Tore his Achilles last June -- so he will be 15 mos past it by season start.

Interesting the word "leadership" keeps coming up from ATL reports. Probably another reason BASK want him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He just needs better shoes. :D

And not Patrick Peterson's shoes he is so proud of, they seem to have the "slip" action on them. Not knocking PP, because he is stuck on island without much of a pass rush, but the guy slips a lot making cuts and then keeps talking about those shoes of his lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All I know is this, my brother is a long time diehard Falcon fan and he is ticked Weatherspoon was not retained by Atlanta... he says he is their best defensive player, I want him now lol

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score