OT-Draft Day

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching this movie last night and to say I got a chuckle out of the sheer unrealism of it is an understatement. #1, no Browns GM will ever be that shrewd and #2, the trades were laughingly unrealistic. I mean, who would think that trading 3 second round picks for the #6 pick in the draft a good trade? Also, trading the #7 pick for the #1 pick along with 2 more 1st round picks was silly enough but the Seahawks GM first offering the #1 pick for the #7 plus one other 1st round pick, any GM who would make that trade would be run out on a rail. Then for the same GM to trade back all of those picks plus a player, I almost died laughing. The Jags' GM was stupid not to ask for another pick in that year's draft. Costner's character should have been laughed off the phone for suggesting that 3 second rounders for the #6 pick. I'm not saying the movie wasn't entertaining, it was but the trades were so unrealistic that it seemed like a comedy to me. Oh, and I laughed at the irony of us taking a QB at #4 considering the 2014 draft was when we took Logan Thomas in the 4th round.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave