OT: Do you think Cam Newton gets a good amount of unfair hate?

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even the fans here in the Carolina's have a love hate relationship with Cam. All this crap might put a chip on his shoulders for once and make him humble. No fricken way, but I would take him for the player for a year.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No hate for Cam here. He had some good years but could have had the word greatness attached to him if would have had more self drive. Instead he was satisfied with good and winning some games. Classic underachiever.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
MVP is a beauty contest. He was 7th in passer rating, 27th in comp %, 16th in yards, 23rd in yards per game, 9th in QBR etc etc

It was his best season but he won MVP because he was QB on one of the best teams in the league.

There were several QBs more worthy including Carson.

As I said, good QB. Probably top 16. But not top 10 as many say.

But what he added to the mix was his rushing yards and compiled with just those ratings passing made him a force... btw Brit I appreciate your point of view because though I might not always agree with you, you offer you opinions in a mature matter and never act childish

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But what he added to the mix was his rushing yards and compiled with just those ratings passing made him a force... btw Brit I appreciate your point of view because though I might not always agree with you, you offer you opinions in a mature matter and never act childish

Thanks mate. I'm quite happy to admit Cam is a good QB. I just never thought he was a great one and at his age and with his ankle he's going to lose some of that rushing ability.

But I think the Panthers are loopy to cut him. Bridgewater wishes he's Cam Newton when he grows up. I'd have kept Newton for the year, signed someone like Marriota as a strong backup if his injuries are still an issue and rolled with that. Paying Teddy $21m per with $33m in G's and getting nothing back for Cam is crazy business.

I hope Cam can find a home with the Chargers or Pats. I think he can still lead a team deep into the playoffs.

It's weird really, he's gone from being somewhat overrated to now being written off.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I'm quite happy to admit Cam is a good QB. I just never thought he was a great one and at his age and with his ankle he's going to lose some of that rushing ability.

But I think the Panthers are loopy to cut him. Bridgewater wishes he's Cam Newton when he grows up. I'd have kept Newton for the year, signed someone like Marriota as a strong backup if his injuries are still an issue and rolled with that. Paying Teddy $21m per with $33m in G's and getting nothing back for Cam is crazy business.

I hope Cam can find a home with the Chargers or Pats. I think he can still lead a team deep into the playoffs.

It's weird really, he's gone from being somewhat overrated to now being written off.

I don't see Cam being a good fit with the Patriots. Belichick would have expectations of him that I don't think Cam would meet. After all these years with Brady and his dedication to the position of QB I don't see Cam willing to put in that time or effort Belichick would expect.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Cam being a good fit with the Patriots. Belichick would have expectations of him that I don't think Cam would meet. After all these years with Brady and his dedication to the position of QB I don't see Cam willing to put in that time or effort Belichick would expect.

Probably not but then if anyone can adjust it's BB.

Chargers are by far the best fit for him. I think if Cam is fit and he went there they have the latent to make a SB run. With Tyrod the season is over already.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chargers are by far the best fit for him. I think if Cam is fit and he went there they have the latent to make a SB run. With Tyrod the season is over already.
REALLY??

Newton: 59.6 career completion %, 4.6 TD%, 2.7 INT%, 7.3 yds/att, 86.1 passer rating;
38.4 rush yds/gm, 5.1 yds/att, 58 rush TD, 55 fumbles.
125 games, 124 starts, 68-55-1

Taylor: 61.6 career completion %, 4.0 TD%, 1.5 INT%, 7.0 yds/att, 89.8 passer rating;
26.3 rush yds/gm, 5.5 yds/att, 16 rush TD, 20 fumbles.
70 games, 46 starts, 23-21-1

Not so different. I think Newton is on a sharp downward trajectory, while Taylor has been underrated throughout his whole career.

...dbs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
REALLY??

Newton: 59.6 career completion %, 4.6 TD%, 2.7 INT%, 7.3 yds/att, 86.1 passer rating;

Taylor: 61.6 career completion %, 4.0 TD%, 1.5 INT%, 7.0 yds/att, 89.8 passer rating;

Not so different. I think Newton is on a sharp downward trajectory, while Taylor has been underrated throughout his whole career.

...dbs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
15 years from now, audiences are gonna believe Kirk Cousins was a great QB looking at his stats & that’s it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Let’s be real here, Cam causes his own hate with his selfishness & cocky, prima dona attitude. His ridiculous twitter post after it was announced he was on the trade block, added more to his me, me, me attitude.

100% justified!!!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
20 years from now, people will be talking about Kurt Warner at the NFL level and Tim Teabow at the college level. No one will remember Cam Newton

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
REALLY??

...dbs

Proving the proverb that there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Cam deserves everything coming to him! First off he went vegan and then played awful and got hurt, sound familiar David Johnson did the same thing. Also he is a crybaby, poor sportsman. Don’t we teach our kids to be classy in sports when they lose? My daughter is the best on every sport she plays probably cause her mommy but she hates losing and some of the other girls on her team are like oh well. I get it. But a 6th grader is a lot different than a grown man. Own up. He also got his dad a new church to get him to go to auburn just saying. Has anyone ever been to auburn? Student housing is trailers and everything smells like sh.t cause they have a great vet. School.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Couple of reasons: He’s a dbag when things are going well, and pouts like a baby when things go south. He’s also an extremely overrated QB. Never thought he was anything special other than a fluke 2015 season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
REALLY??

...dbs

When Carson retired there was a big debate about who should replace him and one of the contenders was Tyrod. I made the same arguments for Taylor as a bridge but thats all he is. He's not a QB thats going to take you to the playoffs (the Bills rode their defense to the playoffs in '18).

I don't think you would find more than a handful of people in the football world who would argue against Cam being significantly better than Tyrod.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Carson retired there was a big debate about who should replace him and one of the contenders was Tyrod. I made the same arguments for Taylor as a bridge but thats all he is. He's not a QB thats going to take you to the playoffs (the Bills rode their defense to the playoffs in '18).

I don't think you would find more than a handful of people in the football world who would argue against Cam being significantly better than Tyrod.
I'm talking about right now. How good is Cam now? Over the last 4 seasons he's compiled an 82.6 passer rating. Bleh.

The Panthers rode their defenses to all of their good seasons as well. Literally every season of Newton's career, if the Panthers D allowed fewer points than average, they had a winning season, and if the D allowed more points than average, they had a losing season.

When they went 12-4 in 2013 (and lost their first playoff game), they had the #2 defense. In 2015 when they lost the Super Bowl, they had the #6 defense. In 2017 when they lost in the Wild Card round, they had the #11 D (#7 by yards).

...dave

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
He's a beast but he is definitely a prima donna. He's an emotional player but his antics seem to cause his opponents to really come after him which reinforces his bitchiness. His getting up and leaving during several press conferences, especially SB 50, put a shadow on who he is as well.

This.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson