OT DK Metcalf wants to be in the Olympics

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hard to know how serious he is but he's apparently taken up the US Olympic folks offer to NFL players to see how fast they really are saying he wants to run the 100 meters in the Olympics. you need to run a sanctioned 10.05 to qualify for the Olympic trials, there's no indication Metcalf is anywhere near fast enough to do so but he's apparently indicated he wants to try.

If he actually tries it could be interesting, the type of training sprinters do will make him faster, but also greatly increase the risk of injury. Spinters are like finely tuned machines they're always one step away from a pulled muscle.

It really depends on how serious he is I could see this really backfiring on him if he takes it seriously enough to do actual sprinter training.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may be a freak, but no way can he carry an extra 20-30 pounds over the other sprinters and have a chance of competing with them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carrol won't let it happen metcalf is like Seahawks hopkins... to big a player for them ugh he should be a card i know i know lol....

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT's got a bit of David Boston to it IMO. It seems so far he's got it more under control than David did but if he starts looking at things like this outside of football Seattle has to start to get concerned

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IT's got a bit of David Boston to it IMO. It seems so far he's got it more under control than David did but if he starts looking at things like this outside of football Seattle has to start to get concerned

To be fair, as long as he doesn’t fall madly in love with cocaine he probably can avoid being David Boston.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, as long as he doesn’t fall madly in love with cocaine he probably can avoid being David Boston.

I'm sure the coke was not good for Boston but I really think what derailed his career was the steroids and bodybuilding. he was so obsessed with what his body looked like he stopped really caring about the impact on his football playing.

So far that's not the case with Metcalf but I'd be amazed if he got that body through just hard work. Now he's talking about the Olympics you have to wonder if he's serious how's he going to do that AND play football? He's going to have to drop weight to lean out for sprinting

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He would stand a better chance in the 200 or even 400 if he has the wind for it. 100 meters is so technical that literally one wrong motion and your chance of winning is gone....when the men are separated by hundredths of a second.

I could see DK in the 200...still getting smoked by real olympians, but I don't think he embarrases himself

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm sure the coke was not good for Boston but I really think what derailed his career was the steroids and bodybuilding. he was so obsessed with what his body looked like he stopped really caring about the impact on his football playing.

So far that's not the case with Metcalf but I'd be amazed if he got that body through just hard work. Now he's talking about the Olympics you have to wonder if he's serious how's he going to do that AND play football? He's going to have to drop weight to lean out for sprinting

What gives you that idea? :D

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What gives you that idea? :D

You must be registered for see images attach

I googled that it said the pic on the left is from Aug 2018. Can't be true he can't have gotten that much bigger that fast he was a rookie in 2019. That has to be from 2016 or 2017?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I googled that it said the pic on the left is from Aug 2018. Can't be true he can't have gotten that much bigger that fast he was a rookie in 2019. That has to be from 2016 or 2017?

Ole Miss is a notoriously dirty program even by SEC standards. They were likely fudging with drug tests or not testing for masking agents.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ole Miss is a notoriously dirty program even by SEC standards. They were likely fudging with drug tests or not testing for masking agents.

But I'm not sure you can change that much in one year even if you took every steroid there is. And at some point in there he had a neck injury that had to derail his training for months. I just can't believe that skinny picture was about a year before his last year of college.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I'm not sure you can change that much in one year even if you took every steroid there is. And at some point in there he had a neck injury that had to derail his training for months. I just can't believe that skinny picture was about a year before his last year of college.

Ive seen people change their body with exteme gains in a year while using steroids. It can definitely be done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave