OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break, if he didn’t play a couple games to get fully healthy then you’ll be questioning his toughness and ability to play through adversity along with being a leader of men, and eying baseball. You moving goalposts. Kyler puts us in a position to win, and is the reason why we were sniffing the playoffs. I don’t see how you could complain about injuries and he still played through them. You can’t predict injuries and still went back in the game.

No coach in the league will have their most valuable player rest for a couple of games to get fully healthy.

Wow. Now you have a crystal ball and can tell what other posters would feel or say in hypothetical situations. Too cool.

I'd rather try to win with a healthy backup than keep running an injured starter out there when it clearly isn't working. And it clearly wasn't working. Kyler went from proving me and others wrong and literally being in the MVP discussion to being mediocre and clearly not right as much as he or Kliff were doing their best "Baghdad Bob" impersonations to try and convince everyone that nothing was wrong or different.

We were at the 2009 Cardinals vs. Titans game in Nashville, TN when Kurt Warner was basically a healthy gameday scratch in favor of Matt Leinart. Why risk your starter's health going forward if you can rest them and hopefully pull out a win with your backup? With Kliff as our coach and not being that far removed from college football you'd think he might go to his backup more easily than some other coaches. In college you need to win every game you can and you can't continue to run out an injured starter.

If Streveler or Hundley are so bad the coach would rather not rely on either of them then neither deserves a roster spot, IMHO. Your backup should be a guy you have complete confidence in going to when needed. Putting all of your eggs in one basket gets you to 8-8 and watching the playoffs from your highly cultivated backyard.

We clearly need to address the backup QB spot moving forward as teams definitely know that Kyler can be roughed up and made to be less impactful in our offense.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you're an unabashed Murray Stan, avert your eyes

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He’s borderline tier 2 right now but needs more games to be solidified as such, just as what he should be...what’s the issue??

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“I’m kind of old school,” Favre said. “I think you play. You get paid a ton of money to do a certain job and just do it and let the chips fall where they may. I think we make too much money to voice an opinion, but I’m not saying he’s wrong. Again, I think it’s a different day and time, and it will be interesting to see how the organization handles it.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/brett-favre-says-qb-deshaun-020346682.html

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Wow. Now you have a crystal ball and can tell what other posters would feel or say in hypothetical situations. Too cool.

I'd rather try to win with a healthy backup than keep running an injured starter out there when it clearly isn't working. And it clearly wasn't working. Kyler went from proving me and others wrong and literally being in the MVP discussion to being mediocre and clearly not right as much as he or Kliff were doing their best "Baghdad Bob" impersonations to try and convince everyone that nothing was wrong or different.

We were at the 2009 Cardinals vs. Titans game in Nashville, TN when Kurt Warner was basically a healthy gameday scratch in favor of Matt Leinart. Why risk your starter's health going forward if you can rest them and hopefully pull out a win with your backup? With Kliff as our coach and not being that far removed from college football you'd think he might go to his backup more easily than some other coaches. In college you need to win every game you can and you can't continue to run out an injured starter.

If Streveler or Hundley are so bad the coach would rather not rely on either of them then neither deserves a roster spot, IMHO. Your backup should be a guy you have complete confidence in going to when needed. Putting all of your eggs in one basket gets you to 8-8 and watching the playoffs from your highly cultivated backyard.

We clearly need to address the backup QB spot moving forward as teams definitely know that Kyler can be roughed up and made to be less impactful in our offense.
Wait you were in TN for that game? Why didn't you and the Mrs come to our meet up before the game? We had quite a crew at the hotel that morning.

Oh and I thought they said kw had the flu for that game. Of course the d let then walk down the field for the win...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait you were in TN for that game? Why didn't you and the Mrs come to our meet up before the game? We had quite a crew at the hotel that morning.

Oh and I thought they said kw had the flu for that game. Of course the d let then walk down the field for the win...

That's so crazy. It's a small world. Robert Morris @cardsfan89 was also there...in the same end zone...directly behind us. We didn't figure that out until years later (October of 2016) at a halftime in AZ when we were talking about it. He pulled up his pictures from that game on his phone and boom - we were in one of his pictures (I'm easy to spot in the Lassiter jersey). My wife is on my left. Her dad and our brother-in-law are to the right. Our brother-in-law's dad is in front of me and our BIL's brother is sitting next to him:

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That's so crazy. It's a small world. Robert Morris @cardsfan89 was also there...in the same end zone...directly behind us. We didn't figure that out until years later (October of 2016) at a halftime in AZ when we were talking about it. He pulled up his pictures from that game on his phone and boom - we were in one of his pictures (I'm easy to spot in the Lassiter jersey). My wife is on my left. Her dad and our brother-in-law are to the right. Our brother-in-law's dad is in front of me and our BIL's brother is sitting next to him:

You must be registered for see images attach

I remember sitting on my couch for a half hour after watching the game thinking WTF just happened.