OT: College Pro days

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How bad is it if Cardinals draft Anthony Richardson and keep Kyler too for next two years before sending Murray packing?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
How bad is it if Cardinals draft Anthony Richardson and keep Kyler too for next two years before sending Murray packing?
all things considered I wouldnt even be mad. Truth is, as far as being a winning quarterback in the nfl, we know just as much about Richardson as we do Kyler...almost. really sucks to have a fifth year QB and still not know if you are set at the position.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude looks the part.
Looks Cardinal to me
all things considered I wouldnt even be mad. Truth is, as far as being a winning quarterback in the nfl, we know just as much about Richardson as we do Kyler...almost. really sucks to have a fifth year QB and still not know if you are set at the position.
Sir, thank you. Cardinals drafting QB makes some sense.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OT:

I can't find it on here now, but one of these Twitter links posted eventually led to a link where St. Louis Cardinals baseball pitcher, Adam Wainwright, sang his teams opening day Star Spangled Banner.
Quite a touching moment for me.

It might be posted or talked about somewhere else, but, I haven't seen it, yet.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude looks the part.

Watch his film. I am giving this kid my 100% lock, massive bust, stamp of certainty. He wasn't merely "inaccurate" in college, he was flat out garbage. This is the most comical hype I have possibly ever seen. To say he is raw is putting it mildly. I don't see how a guy goes from terrible in college to "All-Pro Potential" in the NFL. It just doesn't happen. He should be a late 3rd or 4th round pick some team takes a flier on.

Whoever drafts this guy in the top 10 is taking a 4 year torch to their franchise.
Niners gave up a haul to move up to #3 for Trey Lance and I think Richardson is far better.

That is one heckuva low bar. If that draft were done again... where does Trey go? Does he go before day 3? He's been dreadful... and he looked a helluva lot better than Richardson in college.

I do hope the Colts feel like repeating the Niners mistake, it would be fantastic for us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is one heckuva low bar. If that draft were done again... where does Trey go? Does he go before day 3? He's been dreadful... and he looked a helluva lot better than Richardson in college.

I do hope the Colts feel like repeating the Niners mistake, it would be fantastic for us.

Only takes one team to fall in love like the Niners did.

For what it's worth I think Richardson is fixable. He doesn't turn 21 until May and 244lb guys that can run 4.43 with his agility and can throw the ball 75 yards don't grow on trees.

A lot of his accuracy issues are in his lower body and that's easier to fix.

You fix his accuracy issues (which I think is achievable) and you have an adult sized Kyler Murray on steroids.

I think even in year 1 you can coach around his weaknesses and have an effective offense with his legs and limited arm.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only takes one team to fall in love like the Niners did.

For what it's worth I think Richardson is fixable. He doesn't turn 21 until May and 244lb guys that can run 4.43 with his agility and can throw the ball 75 yards don't grow on trees.

A lot of his accuracy issues are in his lower body and that's easier to fix.

You fix his accuracy issues (which I think is achievable) and you have an adult sized Kyler Murray on steroids.

I think even in year 1 you can coach around his weaknesses and have an effective offense with his legs and limited arm.

His problems go well beyond being inaccurate. If he had even a fraction of Kyler's feel for the game he wouldn't have been... garbage.

He didn't merely have a bad season, he didn't even have ONE game where you can say "oh yeah, this guy has it". If all anyone had looked at was his college tape he wouldn't even be a prospect. This isn't the first time the league has fallen in love with an objectively bad college player and tried to fool themselves into the kid being a star and it won't be the last, but he's going to be awful.

In a few years no one will compare him to Kyler Murray (and I ain't high on Murray)... his most apt comparison will be Logan Thomas.

I do hope you're right and someone falls in love with him... specifically the Colts. If it isn't the Colts then we shouldn't move off Anderson.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm way down on Johnson than I was.

He had some bad drops at his pro day on deep balls that went right through his hands.

Poor route tree and sub par hands is not inspiring.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose