OT: College NIL implications already taking shape

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Kids leaving college early to make pro money is so yesterday's news. Now it is about kids leaving high school early to make that college athletics money! https://www.espn.com/college-footba...t-2022-skipping-senior-season-join-ohio-state

To be fair, the NBA got ahead of the curve a year or two ago with G League Ignite - but that might quickly become a thing of the past (except for eligibility issues) with the new college rules.

Won't be long before the top 15 and 16 year olds dominate the recruiting cycle. Wonder if/when a four year high school player will be seen the same way a four year college player is seen in the NBA draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At one time.... the nfl was concerned about a guy in an undeveloped body taking part in a brutal sport at the pro level
Personally I hope they are still concerned about it

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
At one time.... the nfl was concerned about a guy in an undeveloped body taking part in a brutal sport at the pro level
Yeah it will be interesting to see. Say a guy skips two years of high school (I can easily see that happening) and then goes pro after 3 years of college. You’d have a bunch of draft eligible 19 year olds.

In addition to the top 2022 football recruit leaving a year early, the top 2022 basketball recruit just reclassified to 2021, and the number two ranked prospect will likely join him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember a kid from Texas openly talking about it and we all thought he was nuts. He wound up going to Oklahoma, Adrian Peterson