Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Iirc he had heart problems about 10 years ago?

I always enjoyed him as the hype man in the nash era games during timeouts and such

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a Sun
Except when he was a Laker. ;)

All-Star with Los Angeles (and Kobe's cousin in real life).

Here's hoping he pulls through. He's had weight (fluctuation) issues over the years and had serious heart issues about ten years ago.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish the best for him.

I also recommend people avoid Twitter replies to his post. It's disgusting and disheartening to see people try and politicize his battle, twisting into a vax debate. I'm not on Twitter much and I'll be avoiding it more after seeing some replies his post.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cedric was a crazy good rebounder in college. In his last season at Cal State Fullerton he averaged 12.5 rebounds per game. This is what initially caught my eye for a player only 6'6" in height.

Again, wishing you the best!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Wish the best for him.

I also recommend people avoid Twitter replies to his post. It's disgusting and disheartening to see people try and politicize his battle, twisting into a vax debate. I'm not on Twitter much and I'll be avoiding it more after seeing some replies his post.
Pretty sad to see the division over everything. People are crazy. We get the YouTube and other comment trolls all the time on our videos

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad to see the division over everything. People are crazy. We get the YouTube and other comment trolls all the time on our videos

When people are anonymous they feel like they can say anything. Social media can be brutal. Have to tune out the worst. On the other hand, there are a lot of good people out there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling for Ced. Forever be one of my favorite Sun's players. Anybody know if he was vaccinated? I am assuming not because he is in the ICU.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pulling for Ced. Forever be one of my favorite Sun's players. Anybody know if he was vaccinated? I am assuming not because he is in the ICU.
That is a bad assumption. My daughter is a nurse and there are plenty of people in ICU who have been vaccinated.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a bad assumption. My daughter is a nurse and there are plenty of people in ICU who have been vaccinated.
I have a friend in the ICU and another that's an emergency repository therapist. No it's not. Breakthrough cases where someone ends up in the ICU are rare for vaccinated individuals. Most of them are unvaccinated. I didn't say it was a 100% certainty which is why I was asking if anybody has heard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please let's not turn this into a debate on vaccinations. It shouldn't matter either way if he was vaxxed. He's a good guy and player who has stuck around in the valley and done a lot of community work.

Well wishes shouldn't be conditional on his vax status.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please let's not turn this into a debate on vaccinations. It shouldn't matter either way if he was vaxxed. He's a good guy and player who has stuck around in the valley and done a lot of community work.

Well wishes shouldn't be conditional on his vax status.
Nobody is trying to turn this into a debate. It's called a question.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is trying to turn this into a debate. It's called a question.

That's fine. It's one thing to ask out of curiosity and another to make assumptions. I don't think we need to be making assumptions or passing judgement. There's a lot of that on Twitter in response to his post and it doesn't take long for it to turn ugly quick.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fine. It's one thing to ask out of curiosity and another to make assumptions. I don't think we need to be making assumptions or passing judgement. There's a lot of that on Twitter in response to his post and it doesn't take long for it to turn ugly quick.
I don't think we need a lecture either about what is or isn't appropriate. I think most of us know the rules. Also, it's not passing judgment when we know with 100% fact that most people in the ICU are unvaccinated. My question was simply one of curiosity. I would be sad if this was because of a choice he made. He is one of my favorite Suns of all time and the LAST thing I want to see is him NOT recover.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don't think we need a lecture either about what is or isn't appropriate. I think most of us know the rules. Also, it's not passing judgment when we know with 100% fact that most people in the ICU are unvaccinated. My question was simply one of curiosity. I would be sad if this was because of a choice he made. He is one of my favorite Suns of all time and the LAST thing I want to see is him NOT recover.
It's a perfectly valid assumption.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Portland's largest hospital. Definitely a fair question, especially with his underlying issues.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1631284257610.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631284257610.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 11

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sadly this will likely impact ced for the rest of his life. But I’m glad he’s no longer in mortal danger.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've hoped for a positive update on Ced since this happened. Every time I opened this thread I'd get a knot in my stomach and prepare myself for bad news. I'm so glad he's passed the worst of it. Here's to hoping for a full recovery in time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson