OT: Calvin Ridley suspended for all of 2022

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yikes. It was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing this is going to be covered IN DEPTH at future rookie symposiums.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be more of this....alot more
Easy access for Raider players for sure. Woukd seem they could use an online betting app and be Kept private?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
He missed 11 games last year for mental health reasons. It said this was during that period. Not saying in any way that is an excuse - this is rule #1 for any player. I also saw that many teams inquired about him but Atlanta did not enter into any trade discussions in good faith knowing it was coming.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen the argument he wasn't playing so what's the big deal but the big deal is you now don't know if you can trust him when he is playing.

Glad they suspended him, honestly surprised it's not for more than 1 year. I guess they're saying he didn't bet on games involving his team.

Reactions: PJ1

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy access for Raider players for sure. Woukd seem they could use an online betting app and be Kept private?
Or just have one of their friends make bets for them but in the friend's name rather than their own name. Pretty simple workaround.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·
14m

NFL determined that Calvin Ridley placed multi-legged parlay bets involving 3, 5 and 8 games that included the Falcons to win, per source. Investigation determined there was no involvement from any team players, coach etc. placed via his mobile device out of state.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jonathan Jones

@jjones9

·
12m

Calvin Ridley got caught because he placed a legal mobile bet in Florida with Hard Rock. They notified Genius Sports, who oversees betting integrity for the NFL. Ridley placed 3, 5 and 8 game parlay bets that did include the Falcons, per source.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure loads of players place bets but aren't dumb enough to use accounts in their name

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson