OT: Bucs Hire Bruce Arians

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Southpaw, Jan 8, 2019.

1. az jam

az jam Registered User

I like BA but am not surprised that the Cards were no longer interested in bringing him back. That time had passed. I also don't think he wanted to come back. The Tampa Bay job is very appealing to him and lots of reasons that he took it. I wish him well except when they play against us.

2. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

That was an earlier post. Pissed that BA hired someone other than Amos Jones as ST coach with Amos being available.

Then...he hired freaking Amos Jones as well. SMH.

3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

It would be really weird if he came back honestly. Has that ever happened?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

4. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

I don't dislike Areans for taking another job. I just don't like the way things went down.

I don't like suffering through a gazillion depressing Cardinal seasons and, when the franchise finally gets over the hump, we let Arians get away and then he resurfaces in Tampa.

Something is really weird about the way it happened.

To put it another way - when a team plays its heart out but still loses, the owner, GM or HC doesn't get a free pass. (The team lost on their watch).

However justified the reasons, Arians flew the coop on Steve and Michael's watch, and it's on them.

Unfair? Yup. Can't prove it, but I somehow feel we got jobbed.

Vacard likes this.
  5. az jam

az jam Registered User

I'm old and don't remember that happening often. But Redskins Owner Dan Snyder did bring back retired HOF coach Joe Gibbs and that did not work out too wellI IMO once a coach leaves a team should just go on.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. BigRedRage

Meh. I think he was genuine and between finding out adult children have better things to do, getting healthier and spending his first year out of the league, minds change.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

7. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

Jon Gruden, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Knox, Bud Grant, and even George Halas.

With the exception of Halas...I don't think the 2nd times have been successful.

8. ReasonableMan

ReasonableMan Registered

I don’t get the vibe that Gruden is actually bad. I think he’s just blowing it up while the Raiders are homeless. These are basically wasted years until they get to Vegas, then it starts to matter.

But I don’t watch them enough to know that for sure.

wa52lz likes this.
  9. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

BA did well when CJ and DJ lead the nfl as running backs - but passed my hopes to death - no biscuit for cards - maybe with the phuckennears - but I don’t see it with Winston - he might have matured but we won’t find out until he wins again - Jamis has not handled success well - many QBs don’t - talent is there - throughout Tampa - but Caron to Jamis is a big change.

I still say we have great core talent on both sides of the ball - in spite of Wilks and Keim churning the roster after blaming the players like Whisenhunt did. I’ve not seen anything that makes me think Rosen is a franchise QB - but if you all keep saying it loud enough - maybe it will happen? Bradford with a good coach and team is proven way better - but folks already said that loud enough to make the change - I’m sure this team would be better with Bradford on it right now - no doubt in my pee brain - but we can use the money somewhere else.

We have our best window with great core players and 1st draft picks and first choice off the wire+ an experienced GM who needs to recover his status - and an embarrassed president- maybe Lil Bill Bidwill will get the Super Bowl he deserves - in spite of the Pottsville curse,

10. BigRedRage

Bruce Arians: “Stars just kind of aligned” to spark comeback
    Posted by Darin Gantt on January 18, 2019, 7:11 AM EST
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    New Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians thought he was ready to walk away from coaching.

It didn’t take him long to realize how wrong he was.

In a video interview with Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, Arians said his own emotions and all the links to the Tampa Bay job made it a natural fit. He had previously worked with Bucs General Manager Jason Licht, and know many of his trusted assistants were available, and he was closer to his family in Alabama.

The stars just kind of aligned,” Arians said. “I wasn’t sure one would open that I would want and I actually said no to a couple. And then knowing Jason [Licht], those in the Glazer family close to my grandson, and then Todd’s [Bowles] available, Keith’s [Armstrong] available, Byron’s [Leftwich] available, the whole staff is available. It’s like, ‘You’re supposed to do this, this is like a sign. You have to do this.’ ”

Arians said he began missing coaching the week of the regular season opener, the first game he was working for CBS. During production meetings, all the things he remembered came flooding back.

“It started actually in the first game,” Arians said. “I knew I was going to miss the players and the locker room. But during Pittsburgh and Cleveland, the first game and the production meeting, seeing the guys and it grew and grew and grew.

“By Week Eight, I was at practice, the defensive back messed up. I went to correct him and said, ‘Oops, this isn’t my team.’ . . . It was growing each week how much I missed the locker room and the arena.”

Assuming he remains healthy, the Buccaneers will clearly benefit from Arians’ expertise and enthusiasm, as they try to snap a streak of 11 years without a playoff appearance.

daves, wa52lz and Cardiac like this.
  11. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Oh, Bruce...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bruce-arians-rbs-no-todd-115845344.html

RON_IN_OC likes this.
  12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

13. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Arians is a great coach but it's about him and not the franchise as a ongoing entity. Meaning, he might get close but Winston will sink him in any post season and since he will tailor the team for his tenure alone (like he did with us concerning his loyalties), he will set the Bucs back for years

PACardsFan likes this.
  15. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I love Bruce but the Saints are winning that division

PACardsFan likes this.