OT: Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DVontel, Aug 20, 2019.

1. juza76

juza76 Registered

Right
    And to be honestly Mayfield just say the truth
    Jones was a huge reach at six, is not about being a douche is about not being hypocrite

2. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

My condolences to you and your family. For what it's worth, I'd take Mayfield over Newton every day of the week & twice on Sundays.

3. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Baker is shorter than Cam which explains why Cam is a bigger douche. Genetics gentlemen.

4. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Eh. I'm really giving the company line here, and I understand it's not a great spot, because Mayfield's act was significantly more provocative.

I now understand that the song they sing is not a "fight song", and that they do it home or away, win or lose. I appreciate you educating me about this OSU tradition.

However, here's a quote from Mayfield...

“Part of it was [what happened] last year. It was embarrassing for them to sing their fight song on our field. They’re probably feeling the same way right now.”

So while you portray OSU's behavior as completely innocent. That's not how it was perceived.

Bojack, maybe I'm a jerk, but if OSU just kicked my team's @ss on our home field, my preference would be for them to go get on their bus, and leave.

While still stinging from defeat, I would view any type of celebration on our field, no matter the tradition, as offensive. If you don't agree, fine, but I hope you still see my point of view as reasonable.

And I'm not saying the Buckeye's are a bunch of monsters, punks, or thugs. It's just that its not 1938 anymore, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the discussion, and I'll give you the last word if you'd like it sir.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  5. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Everything I've read stated Carmen is sung after home games, win or lose. Not away games.

I see why Baker was annoyed.

6. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Singing Carmen didnt start until the glorious Jim Tressel era.

7. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Registered

Not a bad list. I'd stick Cam in there in place of Clay though.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

would you stick Cam in there ahead of Kareem Hunt? How about Richie Incognito? Adrian Peterson?

Krangthebrain likes this.
  9. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I understand your loyalty to BM due to him playing for your sooners, trust me I totally get that part, I'm very partial/loyal to my Kentucky Wildcat alums. He may have had a reason to do that but it's kind of childish imo, Kentucky or Oklahoma player doing that. Kind of like stomping on a logo at midfield or midcourt. Just need to not do that & let things go. BM is constantly saying something about everything it seems & that rubs me the wrong way, he hasn't reached "punk" status with me or anything yet but he should just shut up & play. Same with CN, I wanted to throw stuff at the tv every single time he did that stupid superman ripping his shirt thing. Be more like #11 on our team & just hand the ball back to the ref or spike it should be good enough.

10. Cardsfaninlouky

It was, maybe it was some sort of retaliation for something the buckeyes did at Norman the yr prior? Crimson Warrior would know more about that than me.

11. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

It isn't supposed to be a list of "bad guys" or "players least likely to date your daughter."

The wording was "unlikable players."

On a list list of "unlikable players" I put Cam above all 3 of those guys.

Former NFL player Greg McElroy said it best: “If you’re going to act like Superman and call yourself Superman, well, you better be able to answer the tough questions. He wasn’t able to do so.”

You know, tough questions like "Cam, why didn't you even make an effort to recover that fumble in the Super Bowl?"

[​IMG]

mojorizen7 likes this.
  12. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

[​IMG]

BigRedRage likes this.
  13. Cardsfaninlouky

Me too, have no idea why Clay Matthews is even on that list? Only thing I can think of is maybe he thinks more about his hair than his teammates lol?

14. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

ultimate "business decision" I am sure he was saving himself for the superbowl...oh, wait...nevermind

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  15. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

maybe you should look again at the list I was referring to because it didn't discriminate between "bad guys" and "unlikable players". For reference here this list that apparently Cam belongs in:

Vontaze Burfict
    Baker Mayfield
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Antonio Brown
    Tyreek Hill
    Michael Bennett
    Ndamukong Suh
    Jameis Winston
    Clay Matthews
    Marcus Peters

So, tell me... what makes Tyreek Hill unlikable? Is it his electrifying play on the field... or is he unlikable because he's a BAD GUY who beats women and children. You know... just like Hunt and AP who I mentioned. How about Jameis Winston... couldn't possibly be because of numerous allegations of sexual assault, right? Or Big Ben? And Burfict is as dirty as they come just like Incognito that I mentioned.

if you're talking that list and still believe Cam is in that conversation or that you still put Cam above two wife-child beaters/dirtiest players in the league, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Krangthebrain and DVontel like this.