OT: Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you stick Cam in there ahead of Kareem Hunt? How about Richie Incognito? Adrian Peterson?

It isn't supposed to be a list of "bad guys" or "players least likely to date your daughter."

The wording was "unlikable players."

On a list list of "unlikable players" I put Cam above all 3 of those guys.

Former NFL player Greg McElroy said it best: “If you’re going to act like Superman and call yourself Superman, well, you better be able to answer the tough questions. He wasn’t able to do so.”

You know, tough questions like "Cam, why didn't you even make an effort to recover that fumble in the Super Bowl?"

You must be registered for see images

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't supposed to be a list of "bad guys" or "players least likely to date your daughter."

The wording was "unlikable players."

maybe you should look again at the list I was referring to because it didn't discriminate between "bad guys" and "unlikable players". For reference here this list that apparently Cam belongs in:

Vontaze Burfict
Baker Mayfield
Ben Roethlisberger
Antonio Brown
Tyreek Hill
Michael Bennett
Ndamukong Suh
Jameis Winston
Clay Matthews
Marcus Peters

So, tell me... what makes Tyreek Hill unlikable? Is it his electrifying play on the field... or is he unlikable because he's a BAD GUY who beats women and children. You know... just like Hunt and AP who I mentioned. How about Jameis Winston... couldn't possibly be because of numerous allegations of sexual assault, right? Or Big Ben? And Burfict is as dirty as they come just like Incognito that I mentioned.

On a list list of "unlikable players" I put Cam above all 3 of those guys.

if you're talking that list and still believe Cam is in that conversation or that you still put Cam above two wife-child beaters/dirtiest players in the league, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me too, have no idea why Clay Matthews is even on that list? Only thing I can think of is maybe he thinks more about his hair than his teammates lol?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe you should look again at the list I was referring to because it didn't discriminate between "bad guys" and "unlikable players".

It was only ever about "unlikable players." That's what prompted the list in the first place.

Cam is close to the most unlikable player in the league...

I can easily name 10 more unlikable players than Cam.

You're taking part of a discussion between two board members and tweaking it to fit an entirely different line of thinking...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice research bojack. Props man.

However, if it's no big deal, how about they go sing their little song in the locker room then? Why do they have to make such a big deal about it?

That's our home turf. Our house. Nobody invited them to sing anything anywhere, so why don't they go back to Columbus?

I mean, I'm not trying to over-react here, but we asked them to come play a football game, not audition for "America's got talent".
Congratulations. You’re overreacting. No one pulled douche-city over this except baker. He’s a douche.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everything I've read stated Carmen is sung after home games, win or lose. Not away games.

I see why Baker was annoyed.

It's been sung at every away game too for a very long time, so long that I can't ever remember it not being part of away games. I said they had been singing it at away games since at least Tressel era and perhaps away games go back even further. Either way it has been long enough that Baker probably wasn't even in grade school when it started at all events.

Singing Carmen is about as offensive as singing a Sunday hymn. Again, has nothing to do with victory or the game.

I don't blame Baker for being ignorant of that after the game and thinking it was a slight in that moment. I blame him for being a Dbag for planting the flag in the O and then being a super douche by trying to use Carmen as an excuse a year later, especially when I'm sure someone educated him at least once in all that time that Carmen a somber tradition that has nothing to do with him, his team or the game.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When someone plants a flag midfield on OU I will be here to hit Ctrl Alt Delete on OU fans when their brains freeze up trying to reconcile the equation of how that guy is douche but that would mean Mayfield is a douche.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I loved watching Cam in college, but his Superman antics bothered me, and his post SB nonsense cemented my distaste for him. Look, I like watching Mayfield play, but I also liked watching Manziel play too. And we all know how that turned out. I like the fire that Baker plays with, but he needs to either own what he says, or learn to control it a bit. I'm sure the Browns hierarchy have sat down with BM regarding this matter. I was rooting for OU in that game vs OSU, but didn't like the flag bs. I don't care what prompted it.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Cam’s college career is the cruel irony that will haunt his D-Baggery.
The Ghost of Future Cams in this epic tale is Leon from 13 year old Budweiser commercials (which is also ironic).
All of the other actors play themselves.
In the background, if you squint and slow the speed down, you see Section 11 beating Kimdiche (sp?) (meh) in a 100 yard dash.
It’s like the Wizard of Oz, and a Bill Viola film, wrapped into one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's been sung at every away game too for a very long time, so long that I can't ever remember it not being part of away games. I said they had been singing it at away games since at least Tressel era and perhaps away games go back even further. Either way it has been long enough that Baker probably wasn't even in grade school when it started at all events.

Singing Carmen is about as offensive as singing a Sunday hymn. Again, has nothing to do with victory or the game.

I don't blame Baker for being ignorant of that after the game and thinking it was a slight in that moment. I blame him for being a Dbag for planting the flag in the O and then being a super douche by trying to use Carmen as an excuse a year later, especially when I'm sure someone educated him at least once in all that time that Carmen a somber tradition that has nothing to do with him, his team or the game.

No. It goes back to the Tressel era. It took me 3 minutes to find an Ohio article talking about it.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the Browns go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7...They aren’t going to catch anyone off guard this year. They look great on paper, now it’s time to prove it.

Well I had to pull this baby out to pat myself on the back 7-9 is looking spot on...Maybe we’ll all get a break from the Baker Mayfield commercials next year.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Stat wise it isn't even close. Newton started 1 year in college and his numbers were above average at best(66% comp.%, 2,854 yards, 30 TD, 7 INT) compared to Mayfield's senior year(70.5 comp %, 4,627, 43 TD, 6 INT). Of course you're going to throw out the fact that Newton won a national championship but last I looked football is a team sport and it's glaringly obvious that Mayfield did his part. And if you want to compare rookie seasons their numbers are fairly similar with both winning 6 games but Mayfield helped a team that won zero games the previous season win 6 games. That counts for something. So to imply that Newton accomplished more would be intellectually dishonest.
Cam won a league MVP. To imply that this doesn’t exceed anything Baker has done would be intellectually dishonest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose