OT - Andrew Luck retires

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Dback Jon, Aug 24, 2019.

1. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

The best take I’ve heard about the fans boo’ing was from Wilbon who said sports fans just don’t have any shame and aren’t embarrassed by their actions. Simple and true.

2. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Money does no good if you die at age 45, or are crippled at 40.

3. Finito

Finito Registered

That Junior Seau 30 for 30 is heart breaking man.

He shot himself in the chest and left a note saying he wanted his Brain donated and examined.

People really have no idea what they are watching on Sunday’s.

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  4. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

Watch the beginning of the movie North Dallas 40 and that explains it all

5. swagron

swagron Registered

I don’t feel sorry for anyone that can afford season tickets. You buy tickets to a movie not knowing if it’s good or bad. Same thing on a larger scale.

6. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

It's unfortunate that some, and I emphasize some fans dehumanized that situation & booed Luck coming off the field. But, the team allowing that info to be leaked, are the real culprits here. Shame on them too! You will always have mob rule idiots that will do something like that because they can't be singled out individually, and thus can't be held accountable for being stupid. You have one moron boo, and then a bunch more join in because for that split second, they thought it appropriate. I'd be willing to bet that most of the fans that booed, felt bad that they did, once they had time to digest the situation. I'm sure that Luck understands that.

The Kraken likes this.
  7. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

To be fair to the fans in that situation. They were literally just finding out about the news while the game was happening and I am sure a good amount of them that had downed a few alchoholic beverages by that point. Therefor they weren't all thinking clearly and also hadn't had any chance to process everything yet. A decent example of this is comparing the game threads around here to the normal day to day threads. A lot of ridiculous comments getting tossed around on gameday that people don't necessarily say after they have had some time to think about what happened.

splitsecond and PACardsFan like this.
  8. Ronin

Ronin Registered

They weren’t booing, they were saying boo-urns.:D

9. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

I've got nothing but loads of respect for the guy... and I love his tweets!!

Capt. Andrew Luck Bids Farewell to His Unit

[​IMG]

Dearest friends —

I hope this letter finds you all well. Life on the family farm is just as I remembered. I have been up at the crack of dawn each day, sometimes crowing before the rooster. Oh, how he hates to be beaten. The hogs were so happy to see me, they could barely contain themselves in the pin. Dearest mother is in tremendous spirits. She was elated for my final return—all in one piece. She insists I pass along her well-wishes and assure you she fully intends to keep the unit stocked with batches of Squirrel Oil for your upcoming battles.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/28/c...E_7EV68kR3Bmf3ILf73VWfaoQzAXG6HoR4FrNp-wPMXPU