OT (and not): Eagles

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Who is more valuable to the Eagles: Foles or Wentz?

And, would you trade for the one who is not he answer to the question above?

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It depends on how you view Rosen. Foles is not necessarily a starter but he also throws some incredible games and plays well when it counts. Foles is not going to want to be somewhere to play back up. He’s a SB MVP who threw 473 yards yesterday. It would turn this team into a Whiz era QB carousel.

The Eagles probably won’t trade away Wentz.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As we all know, Foles developed under & is a product of Reid/Pederson. If he played for us this year, he would have struggled also. I think Wentz is outstanding, but just can't seem to stay healthy. The Eagles would love to keep both, and most certainly, will not dispense of Wentz. Foles is still there because he has an allegiance to Pederson. If he stays interested in football & wants to be a starter, he'll move on. Otherwise, he seems content to back up Wentz.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Wentz injury prone or is it bad luck?

Well, that's the big question here in PA. He's very young, so they'll call it "bad luck" and move on. I hate the Eagles, but I hope the kid heals up and has a HOF career. I think he's that good, especially under Pederson.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s time to start thinking about Foles as more than a back-up QB. And yes, I think the Eagles should think about making the switch, especially if Wentz’s back issues are as bad as some have indicated

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
They could essentially trade Wentz and then have a few years to look for the next Wentz.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Anyone change their opinions as to who is more valuable?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone change their opinions as to who is more valuable?
Here's how I look at it. Wentz is more skilled. His knee injury was unfortunate whether or not the Eagles still win the Super Bowl we'll never know, however, I believe that Foles' ineptitude early in the season forced Pederson to bring Wentz back at least 3 weeks earlier than he should have. He was inconsistent all year. Then, Foles reverted to showing his flashes of brilliance.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd make the trade for Wentz and send Rosen packing if Philly is dumb enough to make him available. Doesn't mean I don't believe in Rosen, just a big fan of Wentz's game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Foles wins another chip??? Bye-bye Carson.
wouldnt that just be legendary???
two years in a row Nick Foles takes over in december and leads his team to back to back SB titles...and wins a pair of SB MVP trophies to boot?

then he is a free agent.

but the best thing he would probably do afterwards is make the movie of his runs.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wouldnt that just be legendary???
two years in a row Nick Foles takes over in december and leads his team to back to back SB titles...and wins a pair of SB MVP trophies to boot?

then he is a free agent.

but the best thing he would probably do afterwards is make the movie of his runs.

The stuff of Hollywood Oaken!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wentz is lights out when healthy and has only missed like 8 games in three years. I would stick with wentz regardless.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wentz is lights out when healthy and has only missed like 8 games in three years. I would stick with wentz regardless.

BRR, I would be prone to agree in any other scenario other than Foles winning the whole thing for those losers. If he delivers a championship, he will have done it back to back, done it as a 6 seed, having beaten the Bears, Saints, Rams/Cowboys all on the road, and will have beaten whatever team out of the AFC (which would probably be favored). He will have more rings than Favre, Brees, Rogers, Flacco, Wilson, Warner and will have as many as Rothlisberger and both Mannings. He will have undoubtedly earned the right to make that his team. At that point, damn potential. It's about deliverables.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BRR, I would be prone to agree in any other scenario other than Foles winning the whole thing for those losers. If he delivers a championship, he will have done it back to back, done it as a 6 seed, having beaten the Bears, Saints, Rams/Cowboys all on the road, and will have beaten whatever team out of the AFC (which would probably be favored). He will have more rings than Favre, Brees, Rogers, Flacco, Wilson, Warner and will have as many as Rothlisberger and both Mannings. He will have undoubtedly earned the right to make that his team. At that point, damn potential. It's about deliverables.
I'd still keep Wentz. He is head and shoulders better

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Do we need to cheer for the Eagles to win it all again? There’s opportunity to be had there in Philly if that happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave