Original Xbox.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
@BigRedRage

I see you are a big Xbox guy. What games did you like/play on the original Xbox? Just found one for $10 at goodwill and it works. Never owned an Xbox till the 360. I was more of a PS guy.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not BRR, but I remember liking Halo, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Obi Wan, and Grand Theft Auto. I think most of those will play in the Xbox One now with original Xbox emulation. I know for sure that KOTOR does. Much faster, in fact, than on the the original console.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BigRedRage

I see you are a big Xbox guy. What games did you like/play on the original Xbox? Just found one for $10 at goodwill and it works. Never owned an Xbox till the 360. I was more of a PS guy.
Man, I barely remember yesterday.

Fusion frenzy 2 might have been on xbox, fun game to play w kids. halo, uhhhhh I don't know.

googled this: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/feature/a814131/best-original-xbox-games-ranked/

Ninja Gaiden was dope but hard as hell. I didn't really play anything else on the list except Halo.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I played several of those games, a lot of them are classics in their own right.

Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden
Escape from Butcher Bay
Morrowind
Fable

All were pretty good games.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Semi-related; I just picked up a 1st generation (refurb) Sega Genesis. Having a blast picking up games at 2nd hand stores for $2-$5. Feels a bit weird re-buying all the games I owned back in HS nearly 3 decades ago. lol.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Semi-related; I just picked up a 1st generation (refurb) Sega Genesis. Having a blast picking up games at 2nd hand stores for $2-$5. Feels a bit weird re-buying all the games I owned back in HS nearly 3 decades ago. lol.

I still have my original Playstation, a Sega Saturn, and two 360's to go along with my Xbone. My original Xbox is at a buddy's house. I would love to check out a Genesis again!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still have my original Playstation, a Sega Saturn, and two 360's to go along with my Xbone. My original Xbox is at a buddy's house. I would love to check out a Genesis again!

I still have my original NES, Playstation 1, 2, 3, and 4. Now have the first Xbox and 360. Need to get a Xbox one. I'm trying to find it cheap somewhere. Had the Atari 2600, but parents decided to give it away! :bang:

My dream is to get most of the older consoles, genies, dreamcast, Atari, and so on. Just want to start collecting them all.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a store in Tempe on southern and McClintock that carries a lot of old school games

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've still got a Gamecube and N64 sitting in the garage. I built my own Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming system, so I basically have a bunch of those classic games and can play them all using the old PS3 wireless controller.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I still have my original NES, Playstation 1, 2, 3, and 4. Now have the first Xbox and 360. Need to get a Xbox one. I'm trying to find it cheap somewhere. Had the Atari 2600, but parents decided to give it away! :bang:

My dream is to get most of the older consoles, genies, dreamcast, Atari, and so on. Just want to start collecting them all.
Too bad you're not in Cali, LOL. There is a store called Game Dude in North Hollywood that is pretty much a warehouse of video games. Selling new and used and pretty much any console you can think of. I go in there and look around from time to time, there are some bargains to be had, especially in their bluray section, but some of their used prices aren't bad.

http://www.gamedude.com/

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
There is a store in Tempe on southern and McClintock that carries a lot of old school games

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

So far I've been getting most of my Sega games at Bookmans. This week I've picked up:

After Burner II
Sword of Vermillion
Roadblasters
Lakers vs Celtics
Golden Axe
Street Fighter II
Altered Beast
NBA Live 95

All for about $25.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My parents have an original, working Atari in a closet somewhere. They won't give it up. What kind of irks me about that it that it was a Christmas present to me & my 2 brothers way back when they first came out...so why do they have it??

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I've been getting most of my Sega games at Bookmans. This week I've picked up:

After Burner II
Sword of Vermillion
Roadblasters
Lakers vs Celtics
Golden Axe
Street Fighter II
Altered Beast
NBA Live 95

All for about $25.

I was going to suggest Bookman's and also Zia. They have both retro consoles and games. Call ahead and many times they'll check the store database and get what you want shipped to the store near you.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My parents have an original, working Atari in a closet somewhere. They won't give it up. What kind of irks me about that it that it was a Christmas present to me & my 2 brothers way back when they first came out...so why do they have it??

You kids were always too hard on those expensive controllers, that's why! (I might be projecting my own memories here)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've still got a Gamecube and N64 sitting in the garage. I built my own Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming system, so I basically have a bunch of those classic games and can play them all using the old PS3 wireless controller.

Fun and convenient! :thumbup:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fun and convenient! :thumbup:
Thousands of games too... All these systems on a 64GB SD card:

Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
NEO GEO
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Turbographix 16
Super Famicom
Game Gear
Atari Lynx
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Sega Dreamcast -- not as many on this one, since it's a buggy emulator
N64 - same as Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Mega Drive

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I do to, but it's nothong like putting in the NES game into the NES and playing that game with the original controllers.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was going to suggest Bookman's and also Zia. They have both retro consoles and games. Call ahead and many times they'll check the store database and get what you want shipped to the store near you.

You talking Zia records?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
We're down to just one Zia Record in Tucson these days. Hell, we had 4 a decade ago. At least we still have the 4 Bookmans locations. One of the few Tucson brands to make it outside our dusty pueblo. Lol. Well, that and Sam Fox's restaurants.

Picked up a handful more Genesis games yesterday. Looking for a cheap Master System converter now. I really want to play the original 8-bit Shinobi on the original hardware.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do to, but it's nothong like putting in the NES game into the NES and playing that game with the original controllers.
until you do it and remember that console is a piece of crap and it takes ten tries to get a game to work

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're down to just one Zia Record in Tucson these days. Hell, we had 4 a decade ago. At least we still have the 4 Bookmans locations. One of the few Tucson brands to make it outside our dusty pueblo. Lol. Well, that and Sam Fox's restaurants.

Picked up a handful more Genesis games yesterday. Looking for a cheap Master System converter now. I really want to play the original 8-bit Shinobi on the original hardware.
new Zias keep popping up all over the valley

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whenever I go down to Tucson I always make a point to stop at a couple of the Bookman's and Rainbow guitars. I just love those shops.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just ordered one of these for my Genesis. 800+ Genesis games and 400+ Master System games on one cart.