Oprah Winfrey Interview with Prince Harry & Dutchess Meghan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was left wanting more when Harry and Meghan used the word "Institution." Besides the royal families there must have been some organizational structure. It seems like there should have been assistance and resources within the structure.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was left wanting more when Harry and Meghan used the word "Institution." Besides the royal families there must have been some organizational structure. It seems like there should have been assistance and resources within the structure.
There was. It's called Human Resources -- the royal family has a Human Resources department! (which of course, didn't help Meghan when she asked for it)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Institution is a group of men who, basically, run the Royal Family. Diana, who constantly clashed with them, called them the Men in Gray Suits.

They are interested in keeping the monarchy going as they see fit. They make the decisions. Twice a year they gather certain senior members of the family together and tell them what is planned for them. The Men in Gray Suits control EVERYTHING.

Diana’s own brother-in-law was one of them and he made life hell for her.

There is no assistance to lesser Royals. There are no resources. Harry was the the spare. Disposable, and blamable, to keep the Monarchy going.

I was waiting for Oprah to explain more of that. But, if you know enough about The Firm, as they call themselves, it was clear Harry was walking a thin line talking about how it works.

The Queen doesn’t run the family. She never has. She has always been very hands off. Major decisions are made by the men of the Institution. Last I was aware of...they were all white.

He and Meghan were financially supported by Prince Charles. Not the Queen. Prince Charles is HEAVILY influenced by the Men in Grey Suits.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was. It's called Human Resources -- the royal family has a Human Resources department! (which of course, didn't help Meghan when she asked for it)

I believe Meghan mentioned Human Resources in her interview.

It's hard to believe Human Resources would not want to address problems internally rather than let them become an outside issue.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS paid between $7 million (£5m) and $9m (£6.5m) for the rights to air the interview, according to The Wall Street Journal which cited those familiar with negotiations. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not make any money from the broadcast, with Oprah’s production company, Harpo, one of the parties reportedly set to benefit instead. At the beginning of the interview, Oprah made clear Prince Harry and Meghan would not make money from the program. She said: ‘Before we get into it, I just want to make it clear to everybody that even though we’re neighbours… that there has not been an agreement. ‘You don’t know what I’m going to ask, there is no subject that’s off-limits and you are not getting paid for this interview.’ The Duchess responded: ‘All of that is correct.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/how-...for-the-oprah-interview-14208857/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Oh, geez - I hope they'll get by without any compensation. LOL

I love the irony of so many regular folks tuning in to watch two multi-millionaires (combined net worth of $45 million) discuss how rough their life has been with a multi-billionaire (net worth of $2.6 billion).

Just goes to show that all families are dysfunctional and money can't buy happiness.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS paid between $7 million (£5m) and $9m (£6.5m) for the rights to air the interview, according to The Wall Street Journal which cited those familiar with negotiations. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not make any money from the broadcast, with Oprah’s production company, Harpo, one of the parties reportedly set to benefit instead. At the beginning of the interview, Oprah made clear Prince Harry and Meghan would not make money from the program. She said: ‘Before we get into it, I just want to make it clear to everybody that even though we’re neighbours… that there has not been an agreement. ‘You don’t know what I’m going to ask, there is no subject that’s off-limits and you are not getting paid for this interview.’ The Duchess responded: ‘All of that is correct.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/how-...for-the-oprah-interview-14208857/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

well then it must be true lol

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is disgusting,
You must be registered for see images attach

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s way out of line, IMHO. Both Harry and Meg stated the Queen wasn’t the problem.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s way out of line, IMHO. Both Harry and Meg stated the Queen wasn’t the problem.

But we DID learn that the Queen has hairy legs.... J/K :D

My French is literally from 55 years ago, but I believe Megan is saying "because I couldn't breathe," which I assume is connecting to George Floyd

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm fine with the Charlie Hebdo drawing. Like it or not, the Queen is the head of the royal family, and the royal family is, at best, dysfunctional. Now, we know she has zero functional power, but you have to think if she knew what was going on she could at least affect a little change on her daughter-in-law's behalf. At any rate, it's a political satire cartoon that I think strikes at the heart of the nastiness of this issue. In good taste? No, but that's the Charlie Hebdo way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave