Oprah Winfrey Interview with Prince Harry & Dutchess Meghan

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Passepartout, Mar 6, 2021.

1. FB94

FB94 Registered

Who cares

2. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Read they were paid $7M for this. Stupid.

3. pmacLean

pmacLean Registered

What a load of crap..yet another weak minded royal ( who was instruckded his whole life what it means to be in the Royal Family, getting p***y whipped by some american femme fatale ( who knew the rules going in).... I feel bad for Queen Liz, now being f****d over by her grandchildren..
    Go Liz...

grandchildren.,.

4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

It was said during the show that Prince Henry and Dutchess Meghan were not paid for the interview.

5. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Ah. I just read CBS paid $7M - $9M for that interview, which seems obscene.

6. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

So you’re saying they should not be compensated fairly for a TV event that will make the network tens of millions?

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

I watched some highlights this morning.

There was concern within the Royal family about what the color of Archie's skin was going to be. Yikes. They weren't going to give him any title or any protection.

Plus they treated Meghan horribly, like they did with Princess Diana. Making life unbearable for Meghan.

So Henry said, he are out.

That's the basics from someone who didn't actually watch it.

8. Mainstreet

Those are some basics I took away as well.

Also I don't think Harry and Meghan wanted out per se, only a lesser role like many others in the royal family.

Now they are stripped of security and royal duties. Even their child Archie cannot become a prince.

One can't help but wonder if race played a role especially with the tabloids and their influence on the royal family.

It sounds like Harry and Meghan are on the outside looking in and not by choice... as portrayed by the media.

Russ Smith likes this.
  9. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

CBS paid between $7 million (£5m) and $9m (£6.5m) for the rights to air the interview, according to The Wall Street Journal which cited those familiar with negotiations. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not make any money from the broadcast, with Oprah’s production company, Harpo, one of the parties reportedly set to benefit instead. At the beginning of the interview, Oprah made clear Prince Harry and Meghan would not make money from the program. She said: ‘Before we get into it, I just want to make it clear to everybody that even though we’re neighbours… that there has not been an agreement. ‘You don’t know what I’m going to ask, there is no subject that’s off-limits and you are not getting paid for this interview.’ The Duchess responded: ‘All of that is correct.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/how-...for-the-oprah-interview-14208857/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Mainstreet likes this.
  10. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

That is one dysfunctional family.

Passepartout likes this.
  11. Mainstreet

I was left wanting more when Harry and Meghan used the word "Institution." Besides the royal families there must have been some organizational structure. It seems like there should have been assistance and resources within the structure.

Russ Smith likes this.
  12. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

There was. It's called Human Resources -- the royal family has a Human Resources department! (which of course, didn't help Meghan when she asked for it)

13. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

The Institution is a group of men who, basically, run the Royal Family. Diana, who constantly clashed with them, called them the Men in Gray Suits.

They are interested in keeping the monarchy going as they see fit. They make the decisions. Twice a year they gather certain senior members of the family together and tell them what is planned for them. The Men in Gray Suits control EVERYTHING.

Diana’s own brother-in-law was one of them and he made life hell for her.

There is no assistance to lesser Royals. There are no resources. Harry was the the spare. Disposable, and blamable, to keep the Monarchy going.

I was waiting for Oprah to explain more of that. But, if you know enough about The Firm, as they call themselves, it was clear Harry was walking a thin line talking about how it works.

The Queen doesn’t run the family. She never has. She has always been very hands off. Major decisions are made by the men of the Institution. Last I was aware of...they were all white.

He and Meghan were financially supported by Prince Charles. Not the Queen. Prince Charles is HEAVILY influenced by the Men in Grey Suits.

Mainstreet and Passepartout like this.
  14. Mainstreet

I believe Meghan mentioned Human Resources in her interview.

It's hard to believe Human Resources would not want to address problems internally rather than let them become an outside issue.

Russ Smith likes this.
  15. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Oh, geez - I hope they'll get by without any compensation. LOL

I love the irony of so many regular folks tuning in to watch two multi-millionaires (combined net worth of $45 million) discuss how rough their life has been with a multi-billionaire (net worth of $2.6 billion).

Just goes to show that all families are dysfunctional and money can't buy happiness.

Russ Smith likes this.