Opinions of seats

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I want to take my two kids (7 and 9) to their first cardinals game. I have two options for seats for the Cincinnati pre season game. Upper level 7th row on the 20 yard line or for a little more money lower level end zone on the 13 row. I have never sat in the end zone before so I am unsure the quality of the the view. What's everyone opinion on the better seat choice?

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to take my two kids (7 and 9) to their first cardinals game. I have two options for seats for the Cincinnati pre season game. Upper level 7th row on the 20 yard line or for a little more money lower level end zone on the 13 row. I have never sat in the end zone before so I am unsure the quality of the the view. What's everyone opinion on the better seat choice?

I would choose the seats in the upper level. You and your kids will have a better view of all the action, no matter where the teams are. In the endzone, its awesome, of course, when the teams are in the red zone at your end. In the other red zone, you might as well watch the video board.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
I would choose the seats in the upper level. You and your kids will have a better view of all the action, no matter where the teams are. In the endzone, its awesome, of course, when the teams are in the red zone at your end. In the other red zone, you might as well watch the video board.

That is what I was thinking as well. Thanks.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with AJ.

I had end zone seats one year and it is hard to tell how close they are to moving the chains on a play. Upper level seats let you see the plays develop.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I sat in sec 414 for a couple of years and loved it. Upper deck, 25 yard line. Could see the entire game.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You may get a 'coarser' crowd in the end zones. No prob for you, but if you have young kids along, gotta take care.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
upper level = better view. lower level = louder, rowdyer fans and you can see the players faces when they are warming up running up to you asking you to stand and yell.

Two different experiences. Both are fun.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Ummm... Yeah! My recommendation is to take them to a game when they're old enough to tolerate the things they'll see and hear. NFL crowds are not for kids IMHO. I took my son to his first game at 11 and it was still too young. Depends what you want your little ones exposed to.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm... Yeah! My recommendation is to take them to a game when they're old enough to tolerate the things they'll see and hear. NFL crowds are not for kids IMHO. I took my son to his first game at 11 and it was still too young. Depends what you want your little ones exposed to.

My daughter is now 12 and I took her to a game every year from the opening of the stadium to our second playoff run with Warner. We say in row 11 of the endzone, a very rowdy area.

It was just fine, she always had a blast and nothing bad happened really.

You can get unlucky and sit by *******s but it doesnt always happen.

There is always the option of the alcohol free sections.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

I am figuring that a preseason game will be a bit less rowdy. I opted for the upper level seating.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

This is one of the reasons I paid up for club seats -- sadly, even at those prices still far more drunk profanity than I would care for with my wife and kids.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End zone definitely more loud and rowdy when I went.

I sat in Club seats on the 25 for the other games I went to and took my young son with me. Much more calm and better atmosphere for kids.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End zone is the best experience, IMO. I've had upper level, different yard lines, but the EZ is the best experience. Yes, depth judgement on placement is tougher, and when they are at the other end of the stadium from you it is far away. However, when they are right in front of you, OMG. It is amazing. Tim Hightower scored in the NFC title game right in front of us. I jumped down and patted Dansby's helmet when he scored in our endzone in the Packers playoff game to end it. So many ridiculous good plays there that are basically in your lap. We are 5th row in 117, and take our three kids.

Shane H doesn't like the endzone view, but to me the ultimate high of when they are in your area of the field is unmatched, and balances out any lesser view you might receive. And I personally like the view when they are on the other side of the field because you get a lot of the perspective of the blocking.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've never had a big problem at UofP when I've taken my kids, but there were a few games when anal-sphincter fans were close by and I would not have wanted my kids to hear or see that.

Overall though, there is way less drunkeness and violence at UofP compared to SDS. I remember a Steelers game at SDS that was so bad, I actually was worried for my wife's and my own safety.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I paid up for club seats -- sadly, even at those prices still far more drunk profanity than I would care for with my wife and kids.

My seats have been in the ROH section and I have never had much problem with rowdy fan behavior or language, especially on the home side. The ROH crowd is definitely a little tamer than the lower level or EZ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave